The Student Room Group

Too late to change courses. Who to contact next?

(URGENT) Heya! I was going to transfer courses but I was told that I was too late (a few weeks). If I have a strong case for transferring and there are still places and I am sure that I would be able to catch up - who should I contact next? The head of the department? Or maybe board of studies?
The time limit is there because they expect that you can't catch up after this. At this point they will tell you to either finish the year and your entry to the new course next year will be based upon your university results, or drop out and reapply via UCAS.
Reply 2
Original post by Helloworld_95
The time limit is there because they expect that you can't catch up after this. At this point they will tell you to either finish the year and your entry to the new course next year will be based upon your university results, or drop out and reapply via UCAS.

That is what I thought too. I have previous experience in the subjects taught there and since first weeks have been more basic stuff, I am sure I can catch up.
Original post by newdecades
That is what I thought too. I have previous experience in the subjects taught there and since first weeks have been more basic stuff, I am sure I can catch up.

Unfortunately it's not for you to decide. Universities have quite a lot of data on these kind of things and the results can be quite dire, to the point of never in history has somewhat that's done X passed their degree. So their policies are quite well informed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending