The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No nothing else yet for me probably have to wait till November
Reply 21
Original post by Easosos1
Has anyone heard further?

Nope
We should expect another e-mail from Aston Medical School regarding the possibility of applying via Widening Participation.

Source:
http://www.aston.ac.uk/aston-medical-school/widening-participation/

EDIT: The link has also been pinned on the first post.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Gastroepiploic
We should expect another e-mail from Aston Medical School regarding the possibility of applying via Widening Participation.

Source:
http://www.aston.ac.uk/aston-medical-school/widening-participation/

EDIT: The link has also been pinned on the first post.

Can I please ask what advantages does widening participation candidates carry over others in terms of selection?
Original post by Siaa
Can I please ask what advantages does widening participation candidates carry over others in terms of selection?

Certainly. A minimum of 40% of successful applicants will be from widening participation groups. A-level requirements will also be lowered to ABB (from the usual AAA requirement).
WP applicants will also be given preference during the selection of candidates. However, I am sure that those who do not qualify for WP and yet meet or exceed the selection criteria will be considered on a competitive basis.
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi
A-level Predicted AAA
EPQ Predicted A*
GCSEs: 6A* 2A 2B
UKCAT: 2550
SJT: Band 1
Also applied to Newcastle, Queen's Belfast, Nottingham all for Medicine, and have just received an offer for biomed at Newcastle. Good luck everyone! Also no matter what your stats are it's still worth applying for at least one medical school if it's what you want to do!! :smile:
I would like to make this thread to people who apply for Aston medical school for 2019 entry as I have many question to ask and need your help please?
I need Aston representative to reply to our questions please
I have applied to Aston medical school and as mentioned in their website; they will send to all home students a questionaire form regarding widnening participation to be filled and retued before 9th November. However, I did not recieve this fom yet. what I have to do
Did anyone receive the questionnaire form regarding widening participation please from Aston medical school?
Original post by Fatima20000
I need Aston representative to reply to our questions please

Hey. :h:

All my responses were taken from their website which was rather informative:
https://www2.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/medicine-mbchb

It may help to answer some questions you may have/ alleviate your worries.
Original post by Gastroepiploic
Hey. :h:

All my responses were taken from their website which was rather informative:
https://www2.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/medicine-mbchb

It may help to answer some questions you may have/ alleviate your worries.

Ok, But till now I did not receive the questionnaire form widening participation!

Did anyone receive it please? or I need to contact Aston university to ask ?
Ok, But till now I did not receive the questionnaire form widening participation!

Did anyone receive it please? or I need to contact Aston university to ask ?

I just called up admissions and they said the widening participation forms are being sent out today
Original post by ibs00786
i just called up admissions and they said the widening participation forms are being sent out today

many thanks to let me know
I’m a graduate applicant but I have a terrible ukcat score :frown: I applied to Aston cos they said they would consider ukcat along with other academic abilities, but this has scared me when they’re now ranking ukcat and that means my chance for an interview is quite low isn’t it :frown:?
Original post by catching_fire
I’m a graduate applicant but I have a terrible ukcat score :frown: I applied to Aston cos they said they would consider ukcat along with other academic abilities, but this has scared me when they’re now ranking ukcat and that means my chance for an interview is quite low isn’t it :frown:?

What is your UKCAT score?

The cut off level would be low this year for all medical schools compared to previous years as shown from the results. So do not worry
I just called up admissions and they said the widening participation forms are being sent out today

I HAVE RECEIVED IT NOW.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF i CAN FILL IT ELECTRONICALLY? IT IS UNEDITABLE FORM . OR SHOULD WE PRINT IT AND FILL IT MANUALLY, THEN SEND IT TO THE TEACHER TO FILL IT MANUALLY TOO?
I HAVE RECEIVED IT NOW.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF i CAN FILL IT ELECTRONICALLY? IT IS UNEDITABLE FORM . OR SHOULD WE PRINT IT AND FILL IT MANUALLY, THEN SEND IT TO THE TEACHER TO FILL IT MANUALLY TOO?

I haven’t received mine yet so I’m no help atm
I haven’t received mine yet so I’m no help atm

You will receive it soon. do not worry
I HAVE RECEIVED IT NOW.

Got it now. Print it off and fill in section one with your parents. Then take section 2 to your teacher and fill it in with them

Latest

Trending

Trending