The Student Room Group

University question help pleases

Does anyone know whether de montfort or Manchester met is better for biomedical science?
Original post by anonymous1067839
Does anyone know whether de montfort or Manchester met is better for biomedical science?

There is no better or worse. Just what is best for you. How do the courses compare?
Original post by alleycat393
There is no better or worse. Just what is best for you. How do the courses compare?[/QUO

They are both accredited. I dont really know what more to look at other than the subjects they teach.
Could you help me if possible?

Thank you.

Manchester met:
year 1: Biomedical Science, Cell and Molecular Biology, Physiological Systems, Research Skills and Employability
year 2:Blood Science, Cellular Science, Infection Science, Techniques and Applications in Biomedical Science
year 3: Core units include: Haematology and Transfusion, Immunology and Immunological Disorders, Integrated Pathology, Project
Optional units may include: Biomedical Cell Biology, Genetic Science, Medical Microbiology
sandwich year option

DMU:
First Year Basic Microbiology for Biomedical Science, Basic Anatomy and Physiology, Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Chemistry for the Biosciences, Professional and Quantitative Skills
Year 2: Molecular Genetics and Genomics, Biochemical Disease Mechanisms and Therapeutics, Organ Systems, Physiology Inflammation and Immunobiology, Professional Skills 2, Research and Diagnostic Techniques
Optional work placement year
Year 3/4: Clinical Biochemistry, Histopathology and Cytopathology, Clinical Immunology, Medical Microbiology, Haematology and Transfusion Science Clinical Genetics Research and Innovation (Project)
@anonymous1067839

Yup so have a good look and work out which one interests you more. No one can work that out for you. Other things to look for are work placements and where grads end up.
(edited 5 years ago)
@anonymous1067839

Yup so have a good look and work out which one interests you more. No one can work that out for you. Other things to look for are work placements and where grads end up.

Its just that i have herd bad stuff about DMU bit they have the gold teaching award. where as manchester met has a silver one, so im not sure if DMU is a good place to study overall.
Original post by anonymous1067839
Its just that i have herd bad stuff about DMU bit they have the gold teaching award. where as manchester met has a silver one, so im not sure if DMU is a good place to study overall.

Teaching awards have only just come in and aren’t really fully established yet so I wouldn’t worry about them at the stage.
Teaching awards have only just come in and aren’t really fully established yet so I wouldn’t worry about them at the stage.

Thank you for the help, i appreciate it very much.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending