The Student Room Group

Newton Europe

Hi,

I have an invite to Newton Europe's selection day. Does anyone have any tips or example case studies - I know the structure of the day and the next steps, but I am looking for particular insights on the tasks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 9forty
Hi,

I have an invite to Newton Europe's selection day. Does anyone have any tips or example case studies - I know the structure of the day and the next steps, but I am looking for particular insights on the tasks :smile:

Hey, I also have the selection day! What is the structure if you don't mind me asking?

For example case studies you should for sure check out: https://igotanoffer.com/blogs/mckinsey-case-interview-blog/case-interview-examples
Reply 2
Congratulations on the selection day, what date have you booked?
They send you an email with the structure after you have booked it. The structure is roughly, group excercise, present on a topic, tests and case studies in the morning, then if you are selected to stay in the afternoon, interviews and another case study I believe.
Reply 3
Original post by 9forty
Congratulations on the selection day, what date have you booked?
They send you an email with the structure after you have booked it. The structure is roughly, group excercise, present on a topic, tests and case studies in the morning, then if you are selected to stay in the afternoon, interviews and another case study I believe.

5th Nov in Oxford, you?

And thanks for the heads up. Must have missed that
Good luck for tomorrow! I've got mine next week and am already pretty stressed...
Does anyone know if the case study is a 1 on 1 with an interviewer, or written, or something else? Thanks in advance.
I have got my selection day on the 27th of November, any advice?
Original post by theorange1

Hi,

Could anybody tell me what to expect for the video interview?

Thanks
Original post by JIMBO789
Hi,

Could anybody tell me what to expect for the video interview?

Thanks

It's very simple, genuinely nothing worth spending long preparing for. No knowledge of the company or industry is required. You've got 30 seconds to prepare once they're asked the question and 60 seconds to fill, which isn't too bad.
I don't like VIs but this is probably the nicest I've had!
Original post by squeakypop
It's very simple, genuinely nothing worth spending long preparing for. No knowledge of the company or industry is required. You've got 30 seconds to prepare once they're asked the question and 60 seconds to fill, which isn't too bad.
I don't like VIs but this is probably the nicest I've had!

But how would you suggest preparing? Is it just like "Why Consulting?" etc. ?

Thanks!
Original post by JIMBO789
But how would you suggest preparing? Is it just like "Why Consulting?" etc. ?

Thanks!

Sorry, didn't see this. No, you don't need to prep things like that as it doesn't ask about the industry. It's just very vague questions like 'tell me about x' where x relates to something to do with you like a hobby or your course.
I think you just need to speak fluently and seem like a normal person.

Hey :smile:

It's quite a standard assessment centre. You start with an ice breaker introducing your partner - here just make sure you introduce them well, show genuine interest in them, and also listen courteously to the other presentations.

In the group task, try to take on a leadership role or demonstrate thorough understanding of the task. Everyone gets given different information on the task, so when other people are talking be sure to write down any numbers etc (I got a bit lost when discussing the finances of our recommendations because I didn't have the numbers!).

Most of all, bring a calculator and try to enjoy it :smile:
Anyone else got anything to say about the Assessment Centres?
:biggrin:
Original post by squeakypop
Hey :smile:

It's quite a standard assessment centre. You start with an ice breaker introducing your partner - here just make sure you introduce them well, show genuine interest in them, and also listen courteously to the other presentations.

In the group task, try to take on a leadership role or demonstrate thorough understanding of the task. Everyone gets given different information on the task, so when other people are talking be sure to write down any numbers etc (I got a bit lost when discussing the finances of our recommendations because I didn't have the numbers!).

Most of all, bring a calculator and try to enjoy it :smile:

Thanks a lot! This is great. Did you get through to the interview in the afternoon?

Should research the Newton as well? Are questions like "Why Newton?" asked?
Thanks a lot! This is great. Did you get through to the interview in the afternoon?

Should research the Newton as well? Are questions like "Why Newton?" asked?

No worries! Yep, I got through to the afternoon. No, nothing like that. Afternoon mini interview is short and for me was just reflecting on my performance in the morning.
Reply 14

Hey I will be there then too
Reply 15
Hi, does anyone have their assessment centre on 16th Jan in Durham? :smile:
Hi, is anyone attending their Final Interview on 15 Jan?
For the assment centre, and the case interview in particular, is there any buiness knwoledge that it would be useful to have?
Reply 18
Hi, I have my final interview very soon. Do you have any advice in how to tackle it? Good Luck with the process!
How was your selection day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending