The Student Room Group

Just converted to Islam, any advice from brothers and sisters?

Since the age of 14 I’ve wanted to take this step, after another 3 years of exploration, on this day, I made the best decision in my life by accepting this faith. I’d like to interact with and hopefully make more friends from the ummah!
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katherinecroft
Since the age of 14 I’ve wanted to take this step, after another 3 years of exploration, on this day, I I made the best decision in my life by accepting this faith. I’d like to interact with and hopefully make more friends from the ummah!

How do you parents feel about this, Katherine? Just out of interest :smile: Are they religious too?
wow, are you 17?
Original post by 007Ruby007
wow, are you 17?

Ma Sha Allah 💕 Hopefully this new journey ahead of you brings you lots of joy and happiness (in this life and the next) 😊
Original post by Reality Check
How do you parents feel about this, Katherine? Just out of interest :smile: Are they religious too?

Hey thanks for your comment! My parents are affiliated with the Anglican Church, and are Christian by identity although not through any form of practice/observation.
Reply 5
First rule about Islam; You don't talk about Islam.
Second rule about Islam; You don't talk about Islam
wow, are you 17?

Ma Sha Allah 💕 Hopefully this new journey ahead of you brings you lots of joy and happiness (in this life and the next) 😊

Thank you for your warm inviting message!
(edited 5 years ago)
You are probably going to get a lot of stick from triggered atheists. Best thing is to ignore them.
Original post by CollectiveSoul
you need help

Hey, why do you say that?
Hey thanks for your comment! My parents are affiliated with the Anglican Church, and are Christian by identity although not through any form of practice/observation.

:smile: Interesting - and how did they feel about your converting to Islam, and all that it entails? I can imagine how I might feel if a daughter of mine chose to be a muslim, but I'm interested to hear your experience of it.
Thank you for your warm inviting message!

Same age haha, currently in the uni process, where are you from?
Original post by RichPiana
You are probably going to get a lot of stick from triggered atheists. Best thing is to ignore them.

Thanks!
Same age haha, currently in the uni process, where are you from?

I’m from London, how are you finding uni? :smile:

I’m from Manchester, in sixth form atm, hbu?

who brainwashed you? a muslim friend? the internet?
Yay! I'm so happy for you.

You have come to the other side!!! :biggrin:

Welcome. Asalaamualaykum sister.
Reply 16
Original post by Cleverboy1991
Repent lest you go to hell !

Allah is a dead man who is probably in hell himself.

Jesus chris it the one and only true lord and saviour of us all and every living animal and creature !!

Amen
Since the age of 14 I’ve wanted to take this step, after another 3 years of exploration, on this day, I I made the best decision in my life by accepting this faith. I’d like to interact with and hopefully make more friends from the ummah!

Asalamualaykum sister,

This is wonderful to hear.

The advice i would personally give is not to lose that which allowed you to come into Islam. I am sure you must have dealt with a lot of propaganda, distortions of what Islam or the Quran teaches, perhaps even recognising that not every Muslim is the best representative of their religion ; a minority may perform acts which put down the majority. You are will on a journey - we all are - for continual prayer for guidance, study, and making our way towards whatever is the closest to truth.

I would like to end with a beautiful quote, attributed to many individuals including Hussain b. Ali, the grandson of the Messenger of Allah (saw):

"What have they found, those who have lost God, and what they lost, those who have found God!"

If you have any questions , feel free to ask them, and i will do my best to answer if i can, or if i can't (for any reason) refer you to a better source.

@katherinecroft

Apologies sister, i tend to edit my posts after posting them! Just tagging you again as i didn't post it fully when i submitted.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Reality Check
:smile: Interesting - and how did they feel about your converting to Islam, and all that it entails? I can imagine how I might feel if a daughter of mine chose to be a muslim, but I'm interested to hear your experience of it.

Thanks for your question! Since I’ve been spending most of my spare time researching Islam, my parents have become quite habitual to my transition as my conversion didn’t mark a sudden change. They’ve been totally accepting which is great, although during the early stages of my interest in the faith, they had their reservations which is totally understandable :smile:
Original post by CollectiveSoul
who brainwashed you? a muslim friend? the internet?

Why so hateful haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending