The Student Room Group

What song have you got on repeat rn?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AniInNeverland
I haven't heard of them before. What genre of music are they?

Kind of indie/alternative. I found them through Spotify discover - that being said, I love the Neighbourhood a lot too. Other than your top three, what other bands do you like? I miss Neon Trees, but they haven't made much music I like in recent years.
Original post by RainbowParrot
Kind of indie/alternative. I found them through Spotify discover - that being said, I love the Neighbourhood a lot too. Other than your top three, what other bands do you like? I miss Neon Trees, but they haven't made much music I like in recent years.

Ooh I quite like indie! Might try listening to them sometime :smile: Never heard of neon trees tbh, but I'm curious now. I'm a fan of BTS but kpop is way different to rock/punk haha
[video="youtube;ggFNsGht-z4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggFNsGht-z4[/video]

Alfredo Catalani, La Wally, 1. Akt: Ebben? Ne andrò lontana
(edited 5 years ago)
Ooh I quite like indie! Might try listening to them sometime :smile: Never heard of neon trees tbh, but I'm curious now. I'm a fan of BTS but kpop is way different to rock/punk haha

You should give them a try, you might like 'em! I haven't listened to a ton of K-Pop, though I like 2Ne1 (I think their name is). I'm more into German/French when I listen to Foreign music, I like Cro a lot. Is BTS any good?
You should give them a try, you might like 'em! I haven't listened to a ton of K-Pop, though I like 2Ne1 (I think their name is). I'm more into German/French when I listen to Foreign music, I like Cro a lot. Is BTS any good?

I think I will give em a try :u: French music is awesome, but I also like Spanish and Arab music. BTS is really good- I like how they have pop segments and then they always have one rap segment in each song. Plus, their choreography is always on point
I think I will give em a try :u: French music is awesome, but I also like Spanish and Arab music. BTS is really good- I like how they have pop segments and then they always have one rap segment in each song. Plus, their choreography is always on point

I'll have to give a BTS song a go - any recs? Also, Arab music sounds interesting, who do you like?

pretty straightforward song but the 🅱ass is just so warbly :sogood:
[video="youtube;OonntgE9dvc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OonntgE9dvc[/video]
I'll have to give a BTS song a go - any recs? Also, Arab music sounds interesting, who do you like?

I have loads of recommendations: blood sweat and tears, fake love, idol, DNA and best of me are so good. I really like Maher Zain's Arabic songs and Angham does some nice songs. Honestly, I usually listen to Arab music on Arab music channels so I'm not really all that aware of the different Arab music artists. I've never listened to German music before- what's it like?
I have loads of recommendations: blood sweat and tears, fake love, idol, DNA and best of me are so good. I really like Maher Zain's Arabic songs and Angham does some nice songs. Honestly, I usually listen to Arab music on Arab music channels so I'm not really all that aware of the different Arab music artists. I've never listened to German music before- what's it like?

I just gave them a try - they're actually pretty good! Pop's not always my favourite genre but I like them!

As for German music, there are three main artists that I like, with pretty good songs. I like lieblingsmensch by Namika (I hope I spelt that correctly), au revior and chore by Mark Forster, and my favourite is Cro. Of his songs, my favourite few are einmal um die welt, 10419, easy and forest gump.
[video="youtube;BKjzf2j6Zmk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKjzf2j6Zmk[/video]
bloody love every single aspect of this song so much, can't fault it
Any song from the album Rumors from Fleetwood Mac. Love that album
Reply 92
I don't have a song but I have an album:
Shawn Mendes by Shawn Mendes
I've had it on repeat for about 6-7 months now. Is that too much.
I just gave them a try - they're actually pretty good! Pop's not always my favourite genre but I like them!

As for German music, there are three main artists that I like, with pretty good songs. I like lieblingsmensch by Namika (I hope I spelt that correctly), au revior and chore by Mark Forster, and my favourite is Cro. Of his songs, my favourite few are einmal um die welt, 10419, easy and forest gump.

I'm the same- I'm not a big fan of pop but when a song is really good I like it. Wow the German names are kinda intimidating but I'll defo give it a try- I love listening to songs in different languages :smile: And is that forrest gump as in the song from the movie?
. X
I'm the same- I'm not a big fan of pop but when a song is really good I like it. Wow the German names are kinda intimidating but I'll defo give it a try- I love listening to songs in different languages :smile: And is that forrest gump as in the song from the movie?

They're different, but a lot of the songs sound more 'english-y' with German lyrics - no crazy difference. No, he just named the song forest gump, I can't understand a ton of German so I can't quite follow what the song is about.

Also yes, totally - I think that when a song is good, it defies one's taste in genres - that's why I love music!
Reply 96
[video="youtube;YXa2_qaaprE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXa2_qaaprE[/video]
this song by this unknown indie/punk/hardcore/shoegaze band and ngl it's an absolute banger
also the video has as many views as i have friends
The sweet sweet song of silence
They're different, but a lot of the songs sound more 'english-y' with German lyrics - no crazy difference. No, he just named the song forest gump, I can't understand a ton of German so I can't quite follow what the song is about.

Also yes, totally - I think that when a song is good, it defies one's taste in genres - that's why I love music!

I listened to one of Cro's songs and I really liked it actually- it does sound a bit like English but makes no sense to me xD Have you studied German before? And yeah I love trying new genres for that exact reason!
Original post by clrkami
[video="youtube;YXa2_qaaprE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXa2_qaaprE[/video]
this song by this unknown indie/punk/hardcore/shoegaze band and ngl it's an absolute banger
also the video has as many views as i have friends

That was a great song

Quick Reply

Latest