The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

The Offical Lancaster University Applicants Thread 2019

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Katieknight1
Definitely my firm, will you be going to the offer holder day for Chemistry?

Yeah! Wbu? Do you know when it is yet?
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Original post by caitlinhayes
Name: Caitlin
Location (optional): West Midlands
Course: History
Predicted grades: A*A*A and A* in EPQ
Also applying at: Oxford, Durham, St. Andrews and Loughbourgh
Currently studying: Modern World History, Government and Politics and Sociology

Hi ! I’m applying for history at Oxford too! Which college are you going for ? :smile: x
Name: Enni
Course: Medicine
Predicted Grades: A*AB
Also Applying: Plymouth, SGUL, KCL and Warwick (biomed)
UKCAT: 630 VR, 650 DM, 670 AR, 670 QR
BMAT: Tbd
Currnetly studying: Biology, Chemistry and Maths
Original post by Chloet5827
Yeah! Wbu? Do you know when it is yet?

Yeah, I went to a campus tour yesterday and met with the admissions tutor for Chemistry and he said there will be 2 different days 2 weeks apart, but if you go you will get an interview on the same day which could lower your offer to BBB
Yeah, I went to a campus tour yesterday and met with the admissions tutor for Chemistry and he said there will be 2 different days 2 weeks apart, but if you go you will get an interview on the same day which could lower your offer to BBB

Woah I did not know about this campus tour lol how did you find all this out? That’s pretty good to know though thanks!

The dates for this are on the iLancaster app!
The dates for this are on the iLancaster app!

Do you have Instagram or something similar so we could get to know each other?
Do you have Instagram or something similar so we could get to know each other?

Yeah I’ll pm you!
Actually starting to **** myself now. I asked on the Lancaster admissions page on average how long would it take to receive an offer they said 2 weeks and I've still not heard anything 😭😭 98% positive they will reject me 😔
Original post by Jess98075
Actually starting to **** myself now. I asked on the Lancaster admissions page on average how long would it take to receive an offer they said 2 weeks and I've still not heard anything 😭😭 98% positive they will reject me 😔

If It helps, I got an offer after 2 weeks :smile:
Has anyone got offers for Law yet?
Original post by poppy.gibbs
Hi ! I’m applying for history at Oxford too! Which college are you going for ? :smile: x

I’m applying to Lady Margaret but I’m not particularly set on any college so wouldn’t really mind being reallocated, which college are you going for? x (also good luck for the HAT today if you have it today aha)
Has anyone got an offer for maths yet?
Original post by caitlinhayes
I’m applying to Lady Margaret but I’m not particularly set on any college so wouldn’t really mind being reallocated, which college are you going for? x (also good luck for the HAT today if you have it today aha)

I’ve applied for Christ Church, but I was choosing between that and lmh !! Good luck :smile:) xx
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by mysticmagic2000
Has anyone got an offer for maths yet?

Yep, mine came through just less than 3 weeks after I applied :smile:
They seem to be doing offers in batches though...
Original post by Lemur14
Yep, mine came through just less than 3 weeks after I applied :smile:
They seem to be doing offers in batches though...

Oh right okay - was just wondering when do you think the next offer batch maybe? (Apologies if this sounds like a how long is a length of string, I just want to be validated be an offer :,( .)
Original post by mysticmagic2000
Oh right okay - was just wondering when do you think the next offer batch maybe? (Apologies if this sounds like a how long is a length of string, I just want to be validated be an offer :,( .)

They seem to be approximately every week-10 days, so probably end of this week/beginning of next :dontknow: I'm not sure if all courses are being offered on every batch though, didn't see any maths offers on the last batch for instance...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
I’ve just received an offer for PPE!
Just had an offer for chem :smile:

Don't mind me asking, but are you interested in any particular part of chemistry?
Medicinal, Environmental etc.
I just got an offer for Maths AAB :smile: wahoo now I’ve got two offers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending