The Student Room Group

I took oxford mat today

I think i did badly, no oxford for me, i am not even counting 40, i am so sad, i worked so hard,
Yeet I think I did badly too
Reply 2
Original post by rumatar
yeet i think i did badly too

so different from what i prepared for, i am so sad
Reply 3
I think last year's paper is much easier... I did so badly today
Original post by ABYSU
I think last year's paper is much easier... I did so badly today

what do you recon you got out of 100, and did you find it an easy normal or hard paper compared to previous ones
Reply 5
Original post by mathsox
what do you recon you got out of 100, and did you find it an easy normal or hard paper compared to previous ones

does oxford consider less than 40 applicants?
Original post by Saturno
does oxford consider less than 40 applicants?

no
Reply 7
I think I only get 50 out of 100... I felt it's a hard paper compared to previous ones... I feel so sad.
How did you feel about this paper? What do you think you get out of 100? (Original post by mathsOX)what do you recon you got out of 100, and did you find it an easy normal or hard paper compared to previous ones
Reply 8
Original post by mathsox
no

the report for 2016 i have seen even guys with 20-29 being shortlisted
They will take into account if it was a hard paper because the spread of results across applicants will be lower. From reading this thread lots of people found it difficult
Reply 10
Original post by nihilisticb*tch
they will take into account if it was a hard paper because the spread of results across applicants will be lower. From reading this thread lots of people found it difficult

i hope so
I didn’t find it that hard, I reckon high 80s, was I the only one?
I really struggled with the 2017 paper, I got just over 50 I think, but today I found the 2018 paper really good, I think I probably got around 70/80. It was definitely different to previous papers though.

However, I think it was Q5, the question with the n-towers was essentially a different way of representing another problem from a previous paper (can't remember which), which was quite nice and logical.

I answered most of the questions but there were a couple of parts from 5,6,7 that I couldn't work out.

EDIT: Removed details of Q5 as I've realised some people are yet to take the test.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest