The Student Room Group

NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I have finished all the tests and now been put on hold. Does this mean I havent scored high enough to pass straight away or is this the case for everyone until Jan?
Original post by Avaamay
I have finished all the tests and now been put on hold. Does this mean I havent scored high enough to pass straight away or is this the case for everyone until Jan?

It's the same for everyone, don't worry :smile: can you remember if the layout of the online tests is the same as that of the practice samples?
Reply 42
Original post by Shinigami75
It's the same for everyone, don't worry :smile: can you remember if the layout of the online tests is the same as that of the practice samples?

Thank you! I didnt do the practice tests so cannot confirm that sorry. If you mean what tests were in which order, It was SJT, Personality, numerical, verbal and then critical
Anyone thinking of applying for the DHSC Policy Fast track scheme?
Yes, to this thread =)
Anybody else find it annoying that the "work experience" section is the only part in which we can elaborate? :frown:
Original post by Slowbro93
Anyone thinking of applying for the DHSC Policy Fast track scheme?

I put it as my 3rd choice

Original post by Satzo123
Anybody else find it annoying that the "work experience" section is the only part in which we can elaborate? :frown:

I think they're saving that for the video interview
Original post by Shinigami75
Hi again, I just finished going through all the sample tests and I have to say that they're more difficult than those I had previously done a month ago. This will be interesting :wink:

Hi there. did you find the practice tests currently on the nhs website similar to the real tests in the application?
Original post by Student427
Hi there. did you find the practice tests currently on the nhs website similar to the real tests in the application?

Hi there, I've only done the Situaional and the personality tests so far but the Situational test in the application is very similar to that included in the sample tests and it's NHS specific. The pesronality test is very long...117 questions :smile:
Can you fail the online tests immediately or does everyone do all the tests and then they pass/ fail you, if you see what I mean?
Original post by hateusernames
Can you fail the online tests immediately or does everyone do all the tests and then they pass/ fail you, if you see what I mean?

I think they compare everyone's scores together and from that they determine a pass/fail mark. Not 100% sure though.
Original post by hateusernames

It's written in the description of the testing procedure (just before commencing the real tests) that each test has a minimum score that needs to be met, also in between tests you'll get a message saying that your score is being evaluated and if it's ok you'll be able to access the next test. As such I believe you can indeed fail straight away if your score in a test is not good enough
Well this is an long applicaiton ..
Reply 53
Well this is an long applicaiton ..

I'm planning to start the application next week or maybe the week after so I don't have to experience another torturous wait from another grad scheme application lol
Original post by Pp1501
I'm planning to start the application next week or maybe the week after so I don't have to experience another torturous wait from another grad scheme application lol

In terms of grad schemes, I'm applying for this and the fast stream this time round. This is whilst writing up my PhD this year!
Reply 55
In terms of grad schemes, I'm applying for this and the fast stream this time round. This is whilst writing up my PhD this year!

Ahhhh I see. What subject area is your PhD on??
Original post by Pp1501
Ahhhh I see. What subject area is your PhD on??

Atmospheric Sciences, so very different to health, but my ultimate career goal is science policy and I previously worked in health and social care as an admin assistant funnily enough :tongue:
Reply 57
Atmospheric Sciences, so very different to health, but my ultimate career goal is science policy and I previously worked in health and social care as an admin assistant funnily enough :tongue:

Yeah I did a lot of work experience in the NHS because I initially wanted to do medicine and then part of my final year classes was science policy and how it affects public healthcare so this scheme and the STP as well as faststream seem to be the ideal career path for what I'm interested in
Original post by Pp1501
Yeah I did a lot of work experience in the NHS because I initially wanted to do medicine and then part of my final year classes was science policy and how it affects public healthcare so this scheme and the STP as well as faststream seem to be the ideal career path for what I'm interested in

See, I've been interested in policy, mainly from an environmental perspective, but the strong link between environmental impacts and public health has been shown time and time again! I'm assuming you're applying for the new Health and Social Care programme?
Reply 59
See, I've been interested in policy, mainly from an environmental perspective, but the strong link between environmental impacts and public health has been shown time and time again! I'm assuming you're applying for the new Health and Social Care programme?

Yeah I am looking at DHSC but because that's more government and less frontline policy, I'm torn between that, general management and policy and strategy. So, I'm still weighing those three up.
Yeah environmental is becoming so much more prominent in global health issues, like the recent Monsanto case in the USA but also, with trends of diet and pollution in UK affecting public health issues and therefore, spending

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending