The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
tbh, yes I could consider a relationship with no sex

but she'd had have a have a very good reason..........., and there must be light at the end of the tunnel
Reply 61
Original post by ANM775
tbh, yes I could consider a relationship with no sex

but she'd had have a have a very good reason..........., and there must be light at the end of the tunnel

What reasons would you consider good enough, if I may ask?
Reply 62
Original post by Anonymous
Slightly different question (out of curiosity): would you be willing to enter a relationship with someone who isn't interested in sex, but would 'give it a shot'?

I was having this debate with some friends; some said no as they would need the person to be sexually attracted to them, or that they didn't believe someone like that would satisfy their needs. Others said they'd give it a try and look past that until sex became an issue, whilst one person said they'd consider not having sex to make the relationship work depending on the level of feelings. Most were fairly put off though?

It depends on individuals, if you've had sex before in a relationship, you might go for relationships that involve sex. If the relationship is all about sex, I personally wouldn't want it. I want our relationship to be different from everyone's relationship, where we do other things by spending quality time together. Because take sex out of some relationships, you can't find nothing valuable! Also sometimes sex can attach people too much that can then scare them from breaking up with someone.
Reply 63
Original post by Anonymous
I mean it depends. At my age (16) I don't think people should expect to have a relationship with sex. If I get into a relationship at this age I hope my partner wouldn't expect sex. But for when I'm older I think they should expect it at some point but only when we both are ready and for some people that might take a while. For me it could take months or just never happen either because I'm not ready or don't want to do it for religious reasons (catholic). Am I alone in having this view point?

Exactly!! Although some people at 16 or so, still expect their partner to commit fully which involve something sexual. They might let you pass on sex but might require alternative sex which in my opinion will still lead to sex. I would rather have a partner who is open minded about having a relationship where sex is not compulsory. Unless I was married to the person obviously
Reply 64
Original post by Tootles
Was in a sexless relationship for two and a half years, would not do it again.

Why?

How was your experience and, why wouldn't you do it again? (if I may ask)
Original post by Adezo
How was your experience and, why wouldn't you do it again? (if I may ask)
Frustrating and confidence-destroying. Beyond saying that, I'm not prepared to justify myself.
Most of the long-distance relationships are sort of sex free but if you live a walking distance from each other, it is impossible to be a friend with the opposite sex for a very long time. Even if you don't plan to have sex at first eventually you get beaten by biology, somehow this happens mostly to guys. :biggrin:
Depends. If it's his choice to refrain from having sex then I can't see the relationship lasting. but if it's physically not possible for him to have sex, then yes I would still stay with him. will just have to go back to my toys l0l
I think it would really be a test of your relationship, which is good, because you're more likely to end up with the right person, and when you've found that person, then maybe you can introduce sex.
Original post by JokesOnYoo
Dumbest sht i've heard all day. There are more ways to demonstrate affection than sex

I believe she meant sexual needs...?
Depends on the person and wether I had already developed a romantic attachment to them but most likely not. I can deal with being horny myself but I prefer having a partner. I have needs and they need to be met.
Yes, easily. I prefer companionship and affection to anything sexual.
Reply 72
Original post by Adezo
What reasons would you consider good enough, if I may ask?

not sure tbh. Although I doubt I would be happy to go along with it if they were intimate with previous partners and then suddenly wanted to not be intimate when it comes to me. My opinion on the issue has changed somewhat though since last time this topic came round, i think i was adamant that i definately wouldn't date such a person.
It's the only type of relationship I'm willing to enter. Culturally I was raised to remain abstinent from sex until marriage, and at this point I wanna reach the age of 30 and become a wizard so it's the ideal type of relationship.
Original post by Waldorf67
I believe she meant sexual needs...?

hoeneeds*
Original post by Adezo
If you’re in a current relationship, would you give up on sex for your partner?

Yes, i prefer it as a female and it has Nothing to do with religion but my experiences and observations with men of all ages. too many men are sex focused and cant tell if they are in it for the long haul.

. "A large number of sexually active single women means that men do not need to marry to enjoy an active sex life. If a man may sleep with various attractive women without any long term commitment, he is less likely to propose marriage to any of them. So romantic relationships are negotiated on the basis of what typical men want which is sex early in a relationship with little in the way of a permanent commitment such as marriage. (Note the irony that with “sexual liberation” women actually lost power in relationships at the same time that they gained power in the economy)."

I say wait as long as you can until there is some commitment. It doesnt have to be a ring but gotta know hes not flaky and d***.
Original post by Adezo
If you’re in a current relationship, would you give up on sex for your partner?

Yes, i prefer it as a female and it has Nothing to do with religion but my experiences and observations with men of all ages. too many men are sex focused and cant tell if they are in it for the long haul.
I say wait as long as you can until there is some commitment. It doesnt have to be a ring but gotta know hes not flaky.

I personally prefer quality time, affection, and connection over sexual relationship.

fron psychology today:. "A large number of sexually active single women means that men do not need to marry to enjoy an active sex life. If a man may sleep with various attractive women without any long term commitment, he is less likely to propose marriage to any of them. So romantic relationships are negotiated on the basis of what typical men want which is sex early in a relationship with little in the way of a permanent commitment such as marriage. (Note the irony that with “sexual liberation” women actually lost power in relationships at the same time that they gained power in the economy)."
(edited 5 years ago)
[laughs in asexual]
Original post by folieadeux
[laughs in asexual]

mature, arent we?
Original post by The_Retro_Chick
mature, arent we?

Yeah, you?

Latest

Trending

Trending