The Student Room Group

Edge Hill Paramedic Practice 2019

Has anyone applied for this course? Are there any previous applicants who have been through the interview process that are able to offer any advice?
Plus, not seeing a lot of info about any societies based at the Manchester campus. Are they all based in Ormskirk?
Hi,I'm also interested in applying for a Paramedic course in 2019. I'll be looking at UCLAN or Edge Hill. Will you be applying for the DipHE starting Jan/Feb or the BSc in September? I wanted to apply for the Jan start but Sfe won't fund my tuition fee for a 2 year course but will fund a 3 year bsc (!) really cross about that. 😡Sorry no information but I'm very interested in the replies you might get! 😊
Reply 2
Hi! I am also looking at starting the DipHE starting in Feb next year. Is this your second degree or first? It would be my second, and I have been told I wouldn't get any student finance as i already have a BSC. Yet all other allied health professionals are eligible for a second student loan. Just wondering if that's the reason they have said they will only fund the BSc course not the DipHE?
Original post by han19944
Hi! I am also looking at starting the DipHE starting in Feb next year. Is this your second degree or first? It would be my second, and I have been told I wouldn't get any student finance as i already have a BSC. Yet all other allied health professionals are eligible for a second student loan. Just wondering if that's the reason they have said they will only fund the BSc course not the DipHE?

We seem to be in a similar position!

I don't have a degree but I do have a level 5 qualification (not even a Diphe or foundation degree) so Sfe said I'm not able to get funding for an equivalent qualification (which it isn't because it's only worth 120 credits!) that was studies part time. They will fund a full bsc because my other study is below level 6 and it was part time so not used any of my full time student finance allowance (if that makes sense?).

How are you planning to fund it? I can't afford £9250 per year for 2 years!

I think it is massively unfair that Paramedic courses are not treated the same as other health care qualifications. There's no funding from ambulance services now so should be treated exactly the same! So infuriating. There's already a shortage of paramedics so it's only going to get worse!

Have you spoken to Edge Hill about this?

I'm still waiting to hear back from UCLAN admissions (they have said that I meet the entry requirements though so that's positive!).

R
Reply 4
Original post by rachisred
We seem to be in a similar position!

I don't have a degree but I do have a level 5 qualification (not even a Diphe or foundation degree) so Sfe said I'm not able to get funding for an equivalent qualification (which it isn't because it's only worth 120 credits!) that was studies part time. They will fund a full bsc because my other study is below level 6 and it was part time so not used any of my full time student finance allowance (if that makes sense?).

How are you planning to fund it? I can't afford £9250 per year for 2 years!

I think it is massively unfair that Paramedic courses are not treated the same as other health care qualifications. There's no funding from ambulance services now so should be treated exactly the same! So infuriating. There's already a shortage of paramedics so it's only going to get worse!

Have you spoken to Edge Hill about this?

I'm still waiting to hear back from UCLAN admissions (they have said that I meet the entry requirements though so that's positive!).

R

Yes that makes sense!

I have spoken to Edge Hill and they say I wouldnt recieve funding so it looks like i will be paying for it myself. I have been saving etc as ive worked full time for a couple of years however that still wont cover it. So fustrating!

Thats great news! Ive receievd a couple of interviews so now just need to find a way to fund it!
Reply 5
Hiya guys.

How did it all go.
I am thinking on applying for the course at EdghilI, have to pay my first year so, that will be fun.
But it will be worth it in the end.
Reply 6
Original post by Kim82!
Hiya guys.

How did it all go.
I am thinking on applying for the course at EdghilI, have to pay my first year so, that will be fun.
But it will be worth it in the end.

Hi,

How come you only have to pay the first year?
Still waiting on one interview for a different university but everything went ok I think.
What year would you be starting the course?

:smile:
Reply 7
Hiya,

I am hoping on starting September 2019.at Edgehill.

So fingers crossed

Quick Reply

Latest