The Student Room Group

How can we rewrite the stars?

Dear A grades,
You know I want you.
It's not a secret I try to hide.
But fate is pulling you miles away, and out of reach from me.
But you're here in my heart
So who can stop me if I decide
That you're my destiny?What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you, and it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?

Yours sincerely,
Z A R A

Spoiler

🙌🙌*WELCOME TO MY GYG* 🙌🙌

Where we we will rewrite the stars!🌌 (notice the modal verb *will*). It means we CAN DO IT!

Since everybody starts with their grades, that's what I will introduce first.

Spoiler

Following the spoiler, I want to improve on Chemistry and Biology THE MOST and now that I have dropped maths (what a relief!), I can spend more time on these.
Also, I have recognised that my revision technique was actually the worst thing you could ever do according to 4th year medical student at Cambridge ALI ABDAAL who advised against *everything* I did last year which was:

Rewriting notes

Rereading chapters

Underlining

Highlighting large chunks of text

I have now changed my revision techniques which I will be sharing in the next post!

Anyway, what am I predicted, based on work ethic and AS grades?
And below that what did I get in GCSE (somehow the spoiler didn't want to move - how do you move this thing on a phone?)

So I'm going to have to say thanks for reading from here.
We will rewrite the stars - okay? Haha
See you around TSR.

Z A R A

Spoiler

Spoiler

(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Goodest of lucks Z A R A
Reply 2
Original post by 8472
Goodest of lucks Z A R A

Thanks! 😆
I love how you've made your GYG original! Stay motivated and best wishes:smile:
Reply 4
Good luck!! :rave: Hope you can get those Chem and Bio grades up!
Bit random but I did Arabic GCSE too :five:
Reply 5
Original post by nyxnko_
Good luck!! :rave: Hope you can get those Chem and Bio grades up!
Bit random but I did Arabic GCSE too :five:

You too! I see you have a GYG too! Ill follow you on that.😋
Reply 6
Original post by Z A R A
You too! I see you have a GYG too! Ill follow you on that.😋

Thank you :hugs:
Okay :biggrin: (Do you want me to tag you in that?)
Reply 7
Original post by nyxnko_
Thank you :hugs:
Okay :biggrin: (Do you want me to tag you in that?)

Okay. Let's be friends!
Reply 8
Original post by Z A R A
Okay. Let's be friends!

:thumbsup:
Wish you the best of luck. Hope you can achieve those targets!!
Reply 10
Original post by je m'en fiche
Wish you the best of luck. Hope you can achieve those targets!!

Thank you, I'm going to need it!
Reply 11
Hi!!!
This is just a quick question and not a real update (sorry - I'm saving it for tomorrow!) After my disappointing grades last year, I've decided to invest in revision guides for the whole A level course. On Amazon, I'm seeing two different Biology/ Chemistry revision books. The 2018 version, with the orange 'Biology' or 'Chemistry' and the older 2015 versions, which is approx £10 cheaper 😜. Problem is: I don't know what to buy, the 'new' AQA spec began 2015, so I'm worried if I get the 2015 version, will I be missing out on a substantial amount?
Anybody else studying the same subjects? What revision guide(s) do you own? And are they worth the money? Thanks.
Original post by Z A R A
Hi!!!
This is just a quick question and not a real update (sorry - I'm saving it for tomorrow!) After my disappointing grades last year, I've decided to invest in revision guides for the whole A level course. On Amazon, I'm seeing two different Biology/ Chemistry revision books. The 2018 version, with the orange 'Biology' or 'Chemistry' and the older 2015 versions, which is approx £10 cheaper 😜. Problem is: I don't know what to buy, the 'new' AQA spec began 2015, so I'm worried if I get the 2015 version, will I be missing out on a substantial amount?
Anybody else studying the same subjects? What revision guide(s) do you own? And are they worth the money? Thanks.

My exam board is OCR so it might be different, but I think you might want to buy revision guides for the new spec because I have found quite a few new topics. I use the CGP guides and they are the best revision guides you can have. When you buy it, it also comes with a free online version so you can see if you can get the online one from one of your friends who have bought it to save money.
Original post by Z A R A
Hi!!!

I personally don't like revision guides so can't help you with whether they're worth it, but if you do plan on getting one, get the one that's relevant to your spec. There'll be new content or maybe some extra 'exam technique' tips that might not crop up in old spec revision guides.
Reply 14
Original post by nyxnko_
I personally don't like revision guides so can't help you with whether they're worth it, but if you do plan on getting one, get the one that's relevant to your spec. There'll be new content or maybe some extra 'exam technique' tips that might not crop up in old spec revision guides.

Okay, that is what the majority are saying. I'll order them today. Thanks for replying!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending