The Student Room Group

Do you think this will be okay?

In my pre mock (combined science) in Chemistry I got a 4/5 (c), Physics I got one off a C (pass) and I am waiting upon my Biology results.
This was the foundation paper, however for the real exam I am doing higher.
Do you think with these results I can achieve a 5 or more?
I study everyday too.
Reply 1
My school wanted to move me however i refused because i knew that whilst less marks were needed to pass, the questions would be a lot harder and out of my range. Have you been moved to higher? and most importantly have you been learning alongside those who have been doing higher as the teaching for each set is also different.
Original post by Vjaders
My school wanted to move me however i refused because i knew that whilst less marks were needed to pass, the questions would be a lot harder and out of my range. Have you been moved to higher? and most importantly have you been learning alongside those who have been doing higher as the teaching for each set is also different.

I am in a foundation set though, I am getting a tutor to aid my chemistry and physics, I haven't had a teacher in Physics for over 2 years so considering I got 1 mark of a c I am impressed with it
Reply 3
Original post by success4life
I am in a foundation set though, I am getting a tutor to aid my chemistry and physics, I haven't had a teacher in Physics for over 2 years so considering I got 1 mark of a c I am impressed with it

It's incredibly risky, a two mark question in higher is much much harder than a 2 mark question in foundation. I would highly recommend against choosing higher, it's so much harder especially if you have been learning foundation as you won't have learnt what higher students have.
Original post by Vjaders
It's incredibly risky, a two mark question in higher is much much harder than a 2 mark question in foundation. I would highly recommend against choosing higher, it's so much harder especially if you have been learning foundation as you won't have learnt what higher students have.

My teacher has given me a chemistry higher paper to try during the week off, I have attempted it
Original post by Vjaders

Now in comparison, both papers has exactly the same questions on.
My teacher told me if it helps use your revision books.
I have recently got a higher revision guide only for chemistry
Reply 6
Original post by success4life
Now in comparison, both papers has exactly the same questions on.
My teacher told me if it helps use your revision books.
I have recently got a higher revision guide only for chemistry

If you thinkyou can do it, go ahead. However the questions are much harder on higher and the chances of passing are much smaller.

Quick Reply

Latest