The Student Room Group
Original post by JustaLemon
Hi, I'm an Irish student hoping to apply to study Jurisprudence at Balliol College, Oxford.
However the applications process is foreign to me, I know I need to sit the LNAT and do a personal statement or something?
Could anyone who has been in the situation I am in or can help me at all please chime in?
Thank you very much!

if you're applying this year, you have missed the deadline
Reply 2
No, don't worry I know that I need to have applied by October 15th. I'll be applying for the year of 2020
No, don't worry I know that I need to have applied by October 15th. I'll be applying for the year of 2020

Ooh okay, you'll need to do the LNAT which is a law test - there's a bit of practice material online for it (you'll have enough time to prepare for it.) You'll also need to do a personal statement. Type in Law personal statement TSR and you'll see a lot of examples
Reply 4
Original post by K.bower
Ooh okay, you'll need to do the LNAT which is a law test - there's a bit of practice material online for it (you'll have enough time to prepare for it.) You'll also need to do a personal statement. Type in Law personal statement TSR and you'll see a lot of examples

Ok thank you very much, just looking that up is that a test you can study for? Should I purchase a practise book? And in terms of the process I assume I don't need to do A levels and I can just do my Leaving Cert? Sorry to be a burden and many thanks!
Ok thank you very much, just looking that up is that a test you can study for? Should I purchase a practise book? And in terms of the process I assume I don't need to do A levels and I can just do my Leaving Cert? Sorry to be a burden and many thanks!

You can just do the leaving cert. From what I've seen for Oxford, an A* -> 2 H1s and A -> 2 H2s.

I don't know much about the leaving cert, someone posted below about it. You can use Abrito which is a website that gives you LNAT practice (be warned that Abrito is harder than the real thing.) You can also use practice papers from the LNAT website, Eve Cornwell's LNAT prep video on youtube and you can buy books (I've heard the books are easier than the real thing.) You can also do a lot of timed essay writing practice too!
Reply 7
Ok thank you all very much, I'll start prepping right away! For the looks of it, it seems like I will need AAA which translates to H2x6 which is fine.
Reply 8
Hey did you get in? I want to apply for 2022 entry
Original post by Vee.216
Hey did you get in? I want to apply for 2022 entry

OP has not appeared on TSR since 2018, I'm afraid.

If you want to chat about your application, please go to the Oxford 2022 thread, here:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6822050&p=93094594&page=6#post93094594

Here is the Oxford Demystified book if you want more details about how to apply, your subject, colleges etc

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6100480
Please - stop digging up old threads.

Latest

Trending

Trending