The Student Room Group

Wellcome Graduate Scheme 2018/19

Hi all,

I've applied for the Wellcome graduate scheme for entry September 2019! I don't think we can expect feedback until the end of November, but just thought I would start a thread for discussion regarding the application process as it moves forward :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi all,

Nice to see this thread appear! I've pretty much finished my application form but will probably just sit on it for a bit to make sure I like my answers... What rotations are people looking at? I've put down Innovations/ Humanities & Social Sciences/ Policy/ Wellcome Collection :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ElRoCl
Hi all,

Nice to see this thread appear! I've pretty much finished my application form but will probably just sit on it for a bit to make sure I like my answers... What rotations are people looking at? I've put down Innovations/ Humanities & Social Sciences/ Policy/ Wellcome Collection :smile:

Exactly the same here!

Submitted my application a few weeks ago so been waiting a while now.

Best of luck!

Really hoping to get a positive response - I really like their work and the scheme looks great!
Reply 3
Original post by antigone-
Exactly the same here!

Submitted my application a few weeks ago so been waiting a while now.

Best of luck!

Really hoping to get a positive response - I really like their work and the scheme looks great!

Oh cool! Yeah I think it all looks really interesting and very different to a lot of the other grad schemes. I was unsucessful at the last stage for summer internships and so I'm really hoping for a positive result this time around (although I've heard it's veryyyy competitive!). Good luck to you too! Have you applied for any other grad schemes?
Reply 4
Original post by ElRoCl
Oh cool! Yeah I think it all looks really interesting and very different to a lot of the other grad schemes. I was unsucessful at the last stage for summer internships and so I'm really hoping for a positive result this time around (although I've heard it's veryyyy competitive!). Good luck to you too! Have you applied for any other grad schemes?

I've applied for the Fast Stream and keeping my eyes open for some other charity ones also. I didn't apply for the summer internship but yep I've heard the scheme is very competitive!

How about you?
Reply 5
I've applied for the Fast Stream and keeping my eyes open for some other charity ones also. I didn't apply for the summer internship but yep I've heard the scheme is very competitive!

How about you?

Oh, nice! I'm a bit lost with what else to apply for but am looking at stuff in the area of social impact (think there's one called Worthwhile) or government. Just got knocked out of the Fast Stream myself but I think it looks interesting- hope your application goes better than mine on that one haha :smile:
Reply 6
Seems that everyone on this thread has applied for the general programme. By any chance did any of you apply for both schemes- general and investments? If only investments has anyone received a reply or moved on to the next stage yet?
Reply 7
Hey everyone, I've applied to the general grad scheme too! Looking at Central Team/Digital & Tech/Innovations/Science rotations! Here's hoping we get lucky and make it through to the next round!
Hi all,

I've applied for the Wellcome graduate scheme for entry September 2019! I don't think we can expect feedback until the end of November, but just thought I would start a thread for discussion regarding the application process as it moves forward :smile:

I swear we apply to the same stuff...Haha.

Wellcome has been on my list for ages. I did a good chunk of my masters on global health law and my dossertation was on international pandemic policy and multidisciplinary approaches, so excited something like Wellcome is around. Fits my interests so well. 😁
Reply 9
Original post by Uncle_Fester
I swear we apply to the same stuff...Haha.

Wellcome has been on my list for ages. I did a good chunk of my masters on global health law and my dossertation was on international pandemic policy and multidisciplinary approaches, so excited something like Wellcome is around. Fits my interests so well. 😁

Hahaha funny coincidence!

What streams did you apply for?

We should start hearing back in the next few weeks!
I’ve just applied - science, public engagement, education and policy. Does anyone know when we might hear back?
Reply 11
Original post by ChocolateMelody
I’ve just applied - science, public engagement, education and policy. Does anyone know when we might hear back?

I may be wrong but I seem to remember hearing on the live stream they did last week that they were aiming to send decisions by 16th December (or at the latest 21st December)! :smile:
Hahaha funny coincidence!

What streams did you apply for?

We should start hearing back in the next few weeks!

Generalist, (Policy, Humanities and Social Sciences, Culture and Society Directorate, and grants) and need to finish off my app though. Been lazy and focussing on HM treasury and CSFS not gonna lie. Super interested in their policy section at Wellcome. I know deadline is 23rd don't worry!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 13
Do they have a location in the North West?
Reply 14
Just applied! Bit stressful leaving it to the last minute haha, good luck everyone!
Reply 15
Original post by stulfc
Do they have a location in the North West?

Nah they’re pretty much just based in London.
Original post by ChocolateMelody

It looks like it'll be around the 20th of December in the email they sent today. Long wait! Best to forget about it and be pleasantly surprised later!
Reply 17
anyone heard back?
Original post by rh9
anyone heard back?

I doubt we'll be hearing back before the 20th. still another week or so to go!
Today’s the day apparently?! Anyone heard anything?

Quick Reply

Latest