The Student Room Group

Can anyone else see themselves living in the US?

I think I can definitely see myself living there for a few years. im only worried about gun crime lol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Secretnerd123
I think I can definitely see myself living there for a few years. im only worried about gun crime lol

Yes I plan on it.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Yes I plan on it.

aren't you worried about being shot? lol
I wanna live in either chicago, NY or minesotta wbu?

No more worried than I am about being stabbed here in the UK.

Utah.
Yes, half of my family live there, so I would get help financially.
Original post by NotNotBatman
Yes, half of my family live there, so I would get help financially.

whats it like over there? gun crime?
whats it like over there? gun crime?

I have two second degree relatives who were killed some time ago, but not due to gun crime, at least one of them anyway.

It hasn't really been an issue for my family who live there. I'd recommend the country, I feel more relaxed in the USA if that makes sense, although I haven't lived there properly. You might experience a culture shock though.
:closedeyes:
Why do people think you can just 'move' to America, like it's moving to another town in the UK? US immigration is actually quite tough.

No, all the more Trump is the president of this country. See myself rather in South Africa, South America, Central America, Asia, Far East, yeah, even in Britain (living abroad!) than the US. Would not even spend a second there!

I think the only place I would live in the US would be the twin cities in Minnesota. I spent my summer there and I loved it... apart from the mosquitos
My friends and I created a plan called Plan F in year 8 - This plan was basically for all of us to move to Florida and purchase a mansion, we even started saving money for it lmao.

I wouldn't live there as I'm black and tensions are quite high in terms of race.
Reply 12
i did for a while. i really wanted to live in california

now i don't
Nope.
Original post by Reality Check
Why do people think you can just 'move' to America, like it's moving to another town in the UK? US immigration is actually quite tough.

why dont u switch from reality check to buzzkill
Original post by Kallisto
No, all the more Trump is the president of this country. See myself rather in South Africa, South America, Central America, Asia, Far East, yeah, even in Britain (living abroad!) than the US. Would not even spend a second there!

South Africa is a terrible mess
I'd like to live in the US for a few years but its unlikely that I'd get a visa because of my parents politics.
I would like to visit Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, New York, Boston, Washington, Hawaii, Texas and Alaska.
Original post by squirrology
My friends and I created a plan called Plan F in year 8 - This plan was basically for all of us to move to Florida and purchase a mansion, we even started saving money for it lmao.

I wouldn't live there as I'm black and tensions are quite high in terms of race.

I'm black and muslim so imagine for me..
Original post by londonmyst
I'd like to live in the US for a few years but its unlikely that I'd get a visa because of my parents politics.
I would like to visit Salt Lake City, Las Vegas, New York, Boston, Washington, Hawaii, Texas and Alaska.

Salt Lake City is beautiful, highly recommend
Lol, worried about being shot? UK is far more dangerous. You read too many news stores. I'd love to live somewhere in Texas.

Quick Reply

Latest