The Student Room Group

Job centre gave me £116 instead of the normal £146

So I've been attending everything at the job centre when they call me I haven't missed an appointment and I signed on the first time on wens.

The letter even said £73 something a week.

I get paid every 2 weeks and I'm suppose to be getting £146. That's what everyone who is on JSA gets.

But I checked my bank and they only gave me £116.

Scroll to see replies

Be grateful
There are many reasons you can have a deduction -- you owe them money from an overpayment or a loan, or you owe your landlord money and they have applied for a third party deduction. Best bet is to contact them and ask them why, as they might have made a mistake.
Original post by That'sGreat
Be grateful

Just as you're grateful when your mam and dad give you your 10 quid pocket money, wee child.

Don't judge people for having adult needs, when you don't even live in the adult world.
Reply 4
I owe them nothing. No loan, no overpayment.

In fact I could be off JSA in the next 3-4 weeks until I got job. Which I've had phone interviews.
Reply 5
Logic dictates that you would enquire with the people who paid you, rather than a forum of students..

My guess would be that it's a pro-rata payment.
They don't pay for the first three days, I seem to remember.
Reply 7
But my friend got £146 when he signed on in July for the first time.

Even he's baffled.
Original post by Notoriety
Just as you're grateful when your mam and dad give you your 10 quid pocket money, wee child.

Don't judge people for having adult needs, when you don't even live in the adult world.

I earn all my money and don't expect someone to fund my lifestyle.

Then you're going to uni, and taking out a Government loan to cover your tuition fees and probably living costs. You have your hand out just as much as the venerable people on JSA.

When SFE ****s up your loan, and you get 2k rather than 9.25k for tuition, I will be right here to give you "just be grateful".
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
But my friend got £146 when he signed on in July for the first time.

Even he's baffled.

Maybe I'd consider calling up the DWP to see why on earth you were underpaid by £30.
There could be a different reason rather than not paying for 3 days (3 days in a week on £73 per week is just short of £10.50, so £30 is a little off from 3 days worth)
Then you're going to uni, and taking out a Government loan to cover your tuition fees and probably living costs. You have your hand out just as much as the venerable people on JSA.

When SFE ****s up your loan, and you get 2k rather than 9.25k for tuition, I will be right here to give you "just be grateful".

Lol 😂
if u get 73 fortnights then you're over 25 right?

maybe u were overpaid, maybe you filled something out wrong and they deduced to their discretion, maybe you have a partner, maybe the rest is coming. dunno. it sucks. glad to be off it. i always took what i got and avoided sanctions. go ask them, or debt recovery, something.good luck bro/sis.
Original post by Anonymous
So I've been attending everything at the job centre when they call me I haven't missed an appointment and I signed on the first time on wens.

The letter even said £73 something a week.

I get paid every 2 weeks and I'm suppose to be getting £146. That's what everyone who is on JSA gets.

But I checked my bank and they only gave me £116.

If its a new claim, then you have to absorb the first 7 waiting days before payment starts.

Ignore the thats great he just enjoys being a turd and trying to upset people.

Just ask them for an explanation or read your correspondence.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by IWMTom
Logic dictates that you would enquire with the people who paid you, rather than a forum of students..

My guess would be that it's a pro-rata payment.

the value of the pound affecting jsa :beard: does it affect your income wages?...73 is 73. 146 is 146 lol.
Original post by 999tigger
If its a new claim, then you have to absorb the first 7 waiting days before payment starts.

Ignore the thats great he just enjoys being a turd and trying to upset people.

Just ask them for an explanation or read your correspondence.

His avatar says it all.

Yeah, it's called a loan. Loan, meaning, it is to be paid back. How much are you forced to pay back on benefits?
why don't you have a job?
Yeah, it's called a loan. Loan, meaning, it is to be paid back. How much are you forced to pay back on benefits?

It is not a loan you are forced to pay back. You pay it back via the graduate tax. If you don't earn enough, you don't pay it back.

Likewise, after leaving benefits, you will normally end up paying income tax. If you don't earn enough, you don't pay it back.

I hope nobody helps you out when you go through hard times, nobody is above struggling, educate yourself and get off your high horse

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending