The Student Room Group

What is the AQA Geography coursework like?

I think we are starting the coursework in the enxt few months and am wondering what it is like. None of my GCSEs had coursework so I don't really know what coursework is like or how it is marked. How hard is it to get the top grade? How long will it take to complete? How are you meant to chose which topic to do it on?
coursework is the fieldwork for paper 3 right? im a bit confused myself :/ but i know that we have to do minimum 4 days (aqa, a-level) i rememebr at gcse we had one for physical geography and one for human, so in paper 3 you get questions based on what you did, so in a way paper 3 favours you as you know what you'll be questioned on (your fieldwork/coursework) it might sound confusing but check out an exam paper 3 and you'll kno what im on about haha
Original post by justarosexo
coursework is the fieldwork for paper 3 right? im a bit confused myself :/ but i know that we have to do minimum 4 days (aqa, a-level) i rememebr at gcse we had one for physical geography and one for human, so in paper 3 you get questions based on what you did, so in a way paper 3 favours you as you know what you'll be questioned on (your fieldwork/coursework) it might sound confusing but check out an exam paper 3 and you'll kno what im on about haha

There's only two papers isn't there? The coursework isn't examined in the exams but rather a separate thing.
Original post by Goldfish4343
There's only two papers isn't there? The coursework isn't examined in the exams but rather a separate thing.

GCSE geography doesn't have coursework? Well, as far as I know it doesn't.

Three papers, no coursework

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/geography/specifications/AQA-8035-SP-2016.PDF
Original post by Bill Nye
GCSE geography doesn't have coursework? Well, as far as I know it doesnt.

We are on about A Level.
We are on about A Level.

**** lmao thought you were on about GCSE because you mentioned them in your first post sorry xDDDD
There's only two papers isn't there? The coursework isn't examined in the exams but rather a separate thing

there are 3 papers at GCSE and 2 for A level however at a level you do your own fieldwork which is the coursework part at GCSE the paper 3 was for that
A struggle :biggrin: I’m currently doing it and my teacher is expecting our final draft done by Christmas. I had a summer school interfere with my fieldwork so I only did 2 days instead of 4 so carried out my investigation locally in my town centre. Advice I’d say is 1) coasts is probably easiest to analyse as data analysis etc. is pretty straight forward. 2) pick something you’re genuinely interested in otherwise you’ll quickly lose motivation to do the coursework. If you have any other questions about the course let me know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest