The Student Room Group

Stuck on what size crystals to use to decorate my poppy

So, I was in the middle of decorating my poppy with some random 4mm gemstones off amazon, when all of a sudden I stumbled across the most amazing Swarovski crystals.

The only thing is, I'm not sure what size crystal to use.

Last time I used 4mm and I'm thinking of going with 3mm or maybe even 2mm (the smallest) - although I might be there a while!

Apparently the smallest create an overall eye catching twinkly effect.

Or do you think the smallest would be the most boring?
Which do you think would be the most sparkly?

It's such a dilemma!
Stop it. Get some help.
I love how you’re hiding behind anon. It’s not even funny. Poppies are commemorating people who lost their lives in the war, not a freaking fashion statement piece. I realise you’re trolling but you took it too far.
Reply 3
No I am not trolling, or trying to be funny, I lost my Uncle and I think this would just be a nice way to remember him as opposed to a fashion statement. But you wouldn't understand.
You tryna be funny?
Where's the pics
Reply 6
It won't let me upload them 😕 Never mind might just go with 3mm? Lol.
Original post by RazzzBerries
I love how you’re hiding behind anon. It’s not even funny. Poppies are commemorating people who lost their lives in the war, not a freaking fashion statement piece. I realise you’re trolling but you took it too far.

Nothing wrong with decorating a poppy a little bit... After all, the RBL themselves sell poppies decorated with crystals.

https://www.poppyshop.org.uk/remembrance/sparkly-poppy-pins-brooches.html?homepage-top-box-1

Not to mention the various other items sold by the RBL which could be described as fashion statements, like the commemorative pins for the 100 year anniversaries of Somme and Passchendaele (one of which I own myself), and I haven't even got around to mentioning the rose gold poppy necklaces they sell...

I mean, would you rather the op just be someone who throws on a poppy because everyone else does, but doesn't particularly care?
(edited 5 years ago)
Why is everyone getting offended by this? Is it because OP wants to decorate poppies?
Original post by Anonymous
No I am not trolling, or trying to be funny, I lost my Uncle and I think this would just be a nice way to remember him as opposed to a fashion statement. But you wouldn't understand.

In that case, I apologise. Please let us know in the first post, I thought it was someone who wanted to mock the idea.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by 3pointonefour
Why is everyone getting offended by this? Is it because OP wants to decorate poppies?

I was initially but then OP let me know they weren't trolling.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending