The Student Room Group

a levels

want to do physics at uni with a foundation year

i want to do physics at a levels but dont know what other courses i should take
i don't want to do maths or chemistry personally ik i should but i choose not is there any other course i should do was thinking biology
Original post by idcreallystop
want to do physics at uni with a foundation year

i want to do physics at a levels but dont know what other courses i should take
i don't want to do maths or chemistry personally ik i should but i choose not is there any other course i should do was thinking biology

Look at the entry requirements for the course you want to do and see what they require. This may affect what subjects you take.
If you want to do physics, im guessing maths or chemistry might actually be helpful.
Original post by Emma:-)
Look at the entry requirements for the course you want to do and see what they require. This may affect what subjects you take.
If you want to do physics, im guessing maths or chemistry might actually be helpful.

ive looked and you just need is a physics alevel what other courses should i take dont want to do maths or chem
ive looked and you just need is a physics alevel what other courses should i take dont want to do maths or chem

If you just need physics why not take physics and any other subjects that are easy or you enjoy.

If they only require physics, then choose whatever ones you want.
Choose subjects which a) you enjoy and b) you are good at/you think you will do well in
Looking at a lot of unis, they want Maths and Physics if you want to study Physics at uni. Further Maths will also help.
Original post by Emma:-)
If they only require physics, then choose whatever ones you want.
Choose subjects which a) you enjoy and b) you are good at/you think you will do well in

i was thinking of doing biology and soicalogy
will taking two science be diificultSubmit
i was thinking of doing biology and soicalogy
will taking two science be diificultSubmit

If you enjoy the subjects then go for them. You are more likely to do better at them if you enjoy them.
If you are currently doing fine in them (i.e. you arent struggling with them) then i cant see any reason why you shouldnt do 2 sciences.
Reply 8
Is it that you dislike doing maths?
They'll teach you what you need to know in the foundation year so just choose interesting subjects that you can do fairly well in.
I was wondering if will this hinder me from becoming a physics teacher and get a bachelors degree

Wanted to do for a levels
Physics
Sociology
And something else don't know yet
Want to focus soely on physics in year 12&13

Then do bsc physics with a foundation year
Then do teacher training to become a physics teacher at secondary level

Quick Reply

Latest