The Student Room Group

EPQ, Where do I start ????

I'm doing an EPQ on whether or not the NHS should pay for self inflicted diseases, im not sure what diseases specifically yet, my title keeps changing, BUT.. my main concern is that I literally don't know where to start. It's just all a bit daunting and I literally don't know how to start my research let alone my actual essay. if anyone has any advice on the essay itself or just what type/ where to find research for my epq, it would be much appreciated :smile:
I'm sooo lost, someone help me please x
(edited 5 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
First thing first, background reading and research. Perhaps start light, see if there’s any documentaries on the topic (which I’m sure there will be for yours). Then decide if it’s a viable project and you’re MOTIVATED for it. If not change the title, there’s no point doing it. If you are, start looking for research papers etc. These can be from your local university library perhaps, google scholar is really good or just type your title/key words into google and add .pdf at the end. For more research you can always find university tutors or such that work in the field and see if they’ll answer any questions. This planning and research takes up the bulk of the time and remember to keep down everything in a log. Even changing the title, note it down and why you decided to change it.
Original post by CuriousCat567
First thing first, background reading and research. Perhaps start light, see if there’s any documentaries on the topic (which I’m sure there will be for yours). Then decide if it’s a viable project and you’re MOTIVATED for it. If not change the title, there’s no point doing it. If you are, start looking for research papers etc. These can be from your local university library perhaps, google scholar is really good or just type your title/key words into google and add .pdf at the end. For more research you can always find university tutors or such that work in the field and see if they’ll answer any questions. This planning and research takes up the bulk of the time and remember to keep down everything in a log. Even changing the title, note it down and why you decided to change it.

thank you so much x
Original post by TSR Jessica
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

ok I'll try that, thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest