As Biology Proteins Questions

Watch this thread
Studentbcm
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
What are the sequences of all the possible tripeptides that could be made with just 2 amino acids?

What is the formula for calculating the number of different tripeptides that could be made with just two different amino acids?

How many polypeptides, 100 amino acids in length, could be formed from two different amino acids?

How many poly peptides, 100 amino acids in length could be made using all 20 common amino acids?

Biology homework questions. I do not understand any of these questions because we have not been taught this. Could anyone help please?!?!?!
Thanks!
username2199397
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
does it mean 2 types of amino acids? or just 2 amino acids?
Studentbcm
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by shohaib712)
does it mean 2 types of amino acids? or just 2 amino acids?
Two types of amino acids
username2199397
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Studentbcm)
Two types of amino acids
well theres 20 different types of proteins. so thats a tricky question your gonna have to work out the combinations for each of them to form a tripeptide.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (134)
66.34%
No (46)
22.77%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
10.89%

Watched Threads