The Student Room Group

How should I message my ex ?

We ended on not the worst terms but not the best either. I’m wondering how I should message him, I have 2 ways in mind

1. Send him a pic of the hamster he got me and say hey just wanted to say that I buried him last weekend” since the hamster was our pet so I think he should know or

2 hey- just a simple hey? But I’m scared if it’s something basic like this he might just ignore

Please please pleas don’t tell me to not message him, I know he’s an ex but he’ was also my best friend
Ok I know you said you don't want to hear it.. But its the truth just don't message him
Ok he was your best friend.. Friends and relationships change
If you talk to him you will just hurt each other by remembering what it once was
The less you communicate with him.. The easier it will be to get over him
There is a reason you both broke up.. Don't forget that.
Start it off with a "hey, how are you doing" or something, talk a bit (if you can) and then gently move into the pet hamster he got you and say it passed away last weekend.

Edit: or just forget and move on
Original post by nicolegrace1207
We ended on not the worst terms but not the best either. I’m wondering how I should message him, I have 2 ways in mind

1. Send him a pic of the hamster he got me and say hey just wanted to say that I buried him last weekend” since the hamster was our pet so I think he should know or

2 hey- just a simple hey? But I’m scared if it’s something basic like this he might just ignore

Please please pleas don’t tell me to not message him, I know he’s an ex but he’ was also my best friend

Too much is unknown about how you ended and why. have a feeling ive seen your threads before?

You claim to be best friends, but if thats so then why would you hesitate to contact him? it sounds messy and unresolved.

My preference is clean break and get on with life, also contact just prevents you from moving on or its a lot slower because that person is still in your life with maybe one or the other wanting to get back etc.

Its your life and if you want to contact him thats up to you, but his take could be very different on things. If you are who I think you are (less avatar), then I have a feeling you had food reason to split and were unsuited.

As you say 2 is easy to ignore. I dont know the person or what went on.

1 is possible, but depending what side of bed he got out of he could view it as manipulative. This is all the problem of if you decided that you are best friends and will continue communication then the protocol for that? Sounds like he could see it differently. You also dont say how long since you split , why and how long together. If its not been very long i.e less than 2 weeks, then it looks like you havent moved on, which of course you dont appear to have. By all means contact him its your life and id hope you know him better. That said you should think about what you wish to get out of it, remind yourself why you split and whether you are realistic about this best friends thing. he might view things very differently.
An ex is an ex for a reason. Enough said, IMO.
Original post by 999tigger
Too much is unknown about how you ended and why. have a feeling ive seen your threads before?

You claim to be best friends, but if thats so then why would you hesitate to contact him? it sounds messy and unresolved.

My preference is clean break and get on with life, also contact just prevents you from moving on or its a lot slower because that person is still in your life with maybe one or the other wanting to get back etc.

Its your life and if you want to contact him thats up to you, but his take could be very different on things. If you are who I think you are (less avatar), then I have a feeling you had food reason to split and were unsuited.

As you say 2 is easy to ignore. I dont know the person or what went on.

1 is possible, but depending what side of bed he got out of he could view it as manipulative. This is all the problem of if you decided that you are best friends and will continue communication then the protocol for that? Sounds like he could see it differently. You also dont say how long since you split , why and how long together. If its not been very long i.e less than 2 weeks, then it looks like you havent moved on, which of course you dont appear to have. By all means contact him its your life and id hope you know him better. That said you should think about what you wish to get out of it, remind yourself why you split and whether you are realistic about this best friends thing. he might view things very differently.

We were together 13 months and we broke up 7 months ago
We were together 13 months and we broke up 7 months ago

If you are going to contact then just be confident and self assured. Be prepared for the fact he could be uninterested or hostile.

Hes either interested in being in contact or not. If he isnt move on and accept that you are going to need new friends. I dont think its a good idea, but its your life.
At least you will know. You should ask your question as to what you want from it afterwards.

As all the others .... Don't message just move on. Also " hey I buried hamster last week" sounds a bit Mafioso like a threat ...

I'd leave it to be honest, what would it achieve?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending