The Student Room Group

HM Treasury Graduate Scheme (2018/9)

Hi!

I just thought I'd see if anyone is considering applying for the Treasury's graduate scheme this year- it'd be nice to know others going through the process :smile: I'm going to write my short-question responses today and hopefully send it off by the end of the weekend!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just found out about it and I'm really quite interested so I'm going to apply soon.
Reply 2
Original post by gpgdk
Just found out about it and I'm really quite interested so I'm going to apply soon.

Cool! It's nice to know someone else is considering it too :smile: I decided to hold off on applying until next week as I have quite a lot of uni stuff this week, but am definitely sorting it all soon! Are you applying to any other programmes atm?
Reply 3
Original post by JTR__
Are you applying to any other programmes atm?

A few, but only ones that I feel would suit me properly. Couple in automotive and the civil service.
Reply 4
Hey, I was wondering on the initial application form for the Treasury grad scheme, what do you have to put down for your education history? I'm in third year now but my first and second year grades aren't that great but hopefully I can still get a 2:1 by the end. Do they ask for first and second year grades because I'm kind of worried that if they ask for it, they'll see them and reject me
Reply 5
Original post by AZ045
Hey, I was wondering on the initial application form for the Treasury grad scheme, what do you have to put down for your education history? I'm in third year now but my first and second year grades aren't that great but hopefully I can still get a 2:1 by the end. Do they ask for first and second year grades because I'm kind of worried that if they ask for it, they'll see them and reject me

They don't say anywhere that you have to be on a 2:1 at the moment you apply, but can't say for certain I'm afraid! I'm just off a 2:1 so am hoping to pull it up this year :smile:

I'm putting down all my modules, just to be thorough- I'm assuming they want all grades.

Good luck!
Reply 6
Thinking about applying for the policy advisor role!
Don't know loads about it and am pretty swamped with fast stream and uni stuff at the moment but will probably decide if I want to apply in the next few days.
Hi Guys! I am in the process of waiting to hear back from the CS about my fast stream application. I am just planning my short answers to the initial application for the Treasury programme. Have any of you that have sent your applications heard back yet? :smile:
Original post by sophiekerrie
Hi Guys! I am in the process of waiting to hear back from the CS about my fast stream application. I am just planning my short answers to the initial application for the Treasury programme. Have any of you that have sent your applications heard back yet? :smile:

Applied last year and it isn't rolling applications. Once everyone does the submission with the first test they set a pass mark and people get invited to numerical/verbal. If you pass that they then screen applications and invite to assessment centres
Original post by uncleniccius
Applied last year and it isn't rolling applications. Once everyone does the submission with the first test they set a pass mark and people get invited to numerical/verbal. If you pass that they then screen applications and invite to assessment centres

Thanks for the info! How did find the numerical and verabal reasoning tests, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by sophiekerrie
Thanks for the info! How did find the numerical and verabal reasoning tests, if you don't mind me asking?

They weren't bad at all, honestly the sift that they do on your application is rough though - myself and my friend who ended up on the parliament grad scheme were both unsuccessful at that stage
Submitted an application for the Policy Adviser role. Fingers crossed!
Reply 12
Original post by antigone-
Submitted an application for the Policy Adviser role. Fingers crossed!

I'm just glad this grad programme gives specific timelines so I don't have to check my email every 5 minutes :biggrin:
Original post by JTR__
I'm just glad this grad programme gives specific timelines so I don't have to check my email every 5 minutes :biggrin:

Definitely! What's the process again? If our initial application is successful, we then complete online tests and then interview/AC?
Reply 14
Definitely! What's the process again? If our initial application is successful, we then complete online tests and then interview/AC?

Yep! It's mid-november for online tests, then AC in January/February (which includes interview) :smile: You're applying for fast stream as well, right?
Original post by JTR__
Yep! It's mid-november for online tests, then AC in January/February (which includes interview) :smile: You're applying for fast stream as well, right?

Great, thanks! Yes I am, just finished the VI stage! You?
Reply 16
Great, thanks! Yes I am, just finished the VI stage! You?

Yep I’ve done the VI too, but have been amber banded for a few weeks now 😅
- Started application 2 hours ago
- Just submitted

Why do I cut it so fine to the deadline :erm:
Original post by Slowbro93
- Just submitted

Goodluck Slowbro :jumphug:
Reply 19
Original post by Slowbro93
- Just submitted

As long as it's submitted, it doesn't matter if it was a month ago or at 9.59am today :tongue: (though if anyone cut it that close I would be impressed!)

Quick Reply

Latest