The Student Room Group

The Official 2019 KPMG graduate schemes application thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
For the digital submission question about technology do they want us to pick an actual company to offer suggestions for e.g the company is WH Smith and these are the ideas that might benefit them. and by customer do they mean the user of the business or is the company the customer?
Original post by Loud1
For the digital submission question about technology do they want us to pick an actual company to offer suggestions for e.g the company is WH Smith and these are the ideas that might benefit them. and by customer do they mean the user of the business or is the company the customer?

If you're talking about the question, 'Considering the current and evolving importance of technology to KPMG, how do you think technology will impact KPMG's business in the next few years?', they want you to talk about 'Disruption' (of Artificial Intelligence, automation, and robotics) to traditional consulting practices. Just Google 'disruption KPMG', there's millions of articles on it
Original post by Uncle Berty
It's pretty straightforward really, just have to answer the questions as they are, they're looking for your personality to come through throughout. It seemed almost like a cover letter to me (but without the formalities). If you have work experience, make sure you get that in. Also, make sure you sound enthusiastic throughout

Thanks for the advice! I'm finding it very difficult to include the work experience in the 2.5 minutes 😅
Original post by Amanda Brown
Thanks for the advice! I'm finding it very difficult to include the work experience in the 2.5 minutes 😅

No problem! I just talked really fast in mine :tongue: I had about 450 words altogether
Reply 84
Thanks, the question I’ve been set is Please tell us about an idea you have for how a business can use technology to improve its service to customers. Who is the customer, what is the technology, how will it improve the service.
Original post by Loud1
Thanks, the question I’ve been set is Please tell us about an idea you have for how a business can use technology to improve its service to customers. Who is the customer, what is the technology, how will it improve the service.

Yea the articles on Disruption should help with that then, use them as inspiration for your idea!

This article is helpful: https://www.techemergence.com/ai-big-four-comparing-deloitte-pwc-kpmg-ey/
has anyone done an AC for audit SA?
Reply 87
I submitted the audio submission about 10 days ago. They said that they would let me know within 5 working days, but still haven't heard anything, not even a confirmation they received it. Is this normal?
Original post by sharkys
I submitted the audio submission about 10 days ago. They said that they would let me know within 5 working days, but still haven't heard anything, not even a confirmation they received it. Is this normal?

Email them and make sure they got it. I got an email in five that I'd passed.
Reply 89
Original post by sharkys

Definitely email them. I submitted my audio submission a few weeks ago and didn't hear back from them for a while and thought maybe there was a delay in getting back to me because of all the applications they were sorting through. But at the start of the week I woke up to an email about withdrawing my application (which freaked me out). Turns out they didn't receive my audio submission, so I had to send screenshots of my original email as proof that I'd sent it and had to resend the file.
Got an offer from KPMG for Audit - Empowered 2019.

SITUATIONAL JUDGEMENT TEST: GreenTurn website have the actual questions and answers. I know I got all of them right as the actual questions are phrased word-for-word

NUM/VERB - Same with GreenTurn. 12/40 (if I remember correctly were copied paste in the Verbal Reasoning), and i would say 10 or 12 questions were also the same for Numerical.

DIGITAL SUBMISSION - Pretty basic, kind of personal but do mention KPMG CLARA, mention a few articles by KPMG staff regarding my chosen industry e.g how retail sales boomed during the FIFA world cup where England surpassed expectations.

LAUNCH PAD - had mine on 23rd October 2018. had a pretty relaxed day. just be yourself. engage with your interviewer. I actually went 5 minutes extra in my interview as I was literally chatting with the interviewer. they assess Career motivation so in short "why KPMG?". next was a question about a recent news article and KPMG can help in the scenario - i just used the example of KPMG being appointed advisors for Debenhams. next was about working under pressure and how you dealt with it. and there was one more but cant remember the details. Next, the group exercise is in teams of 5. there is one main scenario and then 5 different task each varying anywhere between 15 - 20 minutes per task. there are 5 different assesors and after each task, the assesors change. lastly there is a written exercise. just provide with a booklet of information, a laptop and 60 minutes to write a report (max 3 pages) about your brief analysis of the company in question. I wrote just about 1.25 pages. Main thing is to actually write your OWN RECOMMENDATION on what the company should do.

Scaling: 9 different compentencies: graded 1-4.

1 - fail
2 - boderline (can be pass/fail)
3 - benchmark for pass (need to achieve at least this much)
4 - perfect ( candidate possess this compentency in abundance)

I got a total of 28/36
Reply 91
Original post by marietp
Definitely email them. I submitted my audio submission a few weeks ago and didn't hear back from them for a while and thought maybe there was a delay in getting back to me because of all the applications they were sorting through. But at the start of the week I woke up to an email about withdrawing my application (which freaked me out). Turns out they didn't receive my audio submission, so I had to send screenshots of my original email as proof that I'd sent it and had to resend the file.

So when you sent them the proof were they able to re-assess your candidacy or just withdraw?Can you PM me which email address you used to contact them?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by GunnerGuy
Got an offer from KPMG for Audit - Empowered 2019.

SITUATIONAL JUDGEMENT TEST: GreenTurn website have the actual questions and answers. I know I got all of them right as the actual questions are phrased word-for-word

NUM/VERB - Same with GreenTurn. 12/40 (if I remember correctly were copied paste in the Verbal Reasoning), and i would say 10 or 12 questions were also the same for Numerical.

DIGITAL SUBMISSION - Pretty basic, kind of personal but do mention KPMG CLARA, mention a few articles by KPMG staff regarding my chosen industry e.g how retail sales boomed during the FIFA world cup where England surpassed expectations.

LAUNCH PAD - had mine on 23rd October 2018. had a pretty relaxed day. just be yourself. engage with your interviewer. I actually went 5 minutes extra in my interview as I was literally chatting with the interviewer. they assess Career motivation so in short "why KPMG?". next was a question about a recent news article and KPMG can help in the scenario - i just used the example of KPMG being appointed advisors for Debenhams. next was about working under pressure and how you dealt with it. and there was one more but cant remember the details. Next, the group exercise is in teams of 5. there is one main scenario and then 5 different task each varying anywhere between 15 - 20 minutes per task. there are 5 different assesors and after each task, the assesors change. lastly there is a written exercise. just provide with a booklet of information, a laptop and 60 minutes to write a report (max 3 pages) about your brief analysis of the company in question. I wrote just about 1.25 pages. Main thing is to actually write your OWN RECOMMENDATION on what the company should do.

Scaling: 9 different compentencies: graded 1-4.

1 - fail
2 - boderline (can be pass/fail)
3 - benchmark for pass (need to achieve at least this much)
4 - perfect ( candidate possess this compentency in abundance)

I got a total of 28/36

This is really helpful!! Do you have any tips for the group exercise specifically?
Reply 93
have been reading these discussions quite thoroughly. received an email today regarding the audio submission... that they are still interested in my application... we all know that... but do you think I already should consider this as lost as they have large volume or did someone really got through after receiving this email? (deal advisory, London, intense grad program)Thanks a lot.
Original post by KB94
have been reading these discussions quite thoroughly. received an email today regarding the audio submission... that they are still interested in my application... we all know that... but do you think I already should consider this as lost as they have large volume or did someone really got through after receiving this email? (deal advisory, London, intense grad program)Thanks a lot.

It's strange because I applied on like the day they opened for Investment Advisory and I still haven't had an offer for an assessment centre after passing the audio submission.
Reply 95
Original post by MrMusician95
It's strange because I applied on like the day they opened for Investment Advisory and I still haven't had an offer for an assessment centre after passing the audio submission.

Ok perfect, thanks for the info, id better focus on different apps then
Original post by KB94
Ok perfect, thanks for the info, id better focus on different apps then

Yeah for sure, make sure you have loads of apps on the go. The chance of even getting a launchpad for KPMG is so small. Good luck.
Reply 97
Original post by KB94

I applied for Deal Advisory, intensive (London) and i submitted my audio a week and a half ago (the Friday before last) with the same response, 'we are interested but review on a rolling basis..'

I would definitely say you have a chance but keep your options open; good luck!
Original post by MrMusician95

Exactly the same for me
Somehow got an invite to launchpad for Audit. Just a few days ago they sent me an email saying that I "withdrew" my application which meant I had to resend my audio, stressful times.

Quick Reply

Latest