The Student Room Group

I can't pull foreskin down to clean my penis...?

so, I'm a teenager and am struggling to clean in my penis, like to pull the foreskin down to clean that area, it hurts so badly to pull it down and when I touch the end of the tip inside, it really hurts, I have read that it shouldn't hurt and should be easy to pull it down to clean it, but I can't, I don't think the foreskin is too tight, but I'm not sure. It's a pain because it means I'm really struggling to clean it, I haven't been able to properly for a bit now.
can anyone help me? thank you!
See your doctor
See your doctor, but don't be worried. A tight foreskin is incredibly common! They will be able to help you. It's nothing unusual!
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
See your doctor

Original post by Anonymous
See your doctor, but don't be worried. A tight foreskin is incredibly common! They will be able to help you. It's nothing unusual!

hank you. i will, only thing is I'm 15 and i cant talk to my parents, I've has issues with them so much and this isn't something I can talk about with them.
would I need my parent with me to go see the doctor? if they need to cut it or something, would I need someone with me?
If you're able to retract your foreskin - it doesn't sound like a tight foreskin is a problem.

After retracted the area is designed to be very sensitive. That feeling may feel like pain but it when you retract your foreskin and leave it be, it doesn't hurt, it doesn't sound like you have a problem.

Just be very gentle when cleaning and perhaps do some in stages and in the bath. The more you do it the more you'll get used to that extreme sensation.

By all means talk to your doctor if you're concerned but it sounds like:
"When I retract my foreskin my penis is very very sensitive to the touch"

Which is 100% normal and as it should be.
hank you. i will, only thing is I'm 15 and i cant talk to my parents, I've has issues with them so much and this isn't something I can talk about with them.
would I need my parent with me to go see the doctor? if they need to cut it or something, would I need someone with me?

You don't need them to be with you when you see a Dr but I think you need their consent for procedures.
Reply 6
Original post by JTfoxlove
If you're able to retract your foreskin - it doesn't sound like a tight foreskin is a problem.

After retracted the area is designed to be very sensitive. That feeling may feel like pain but it when you retract your foreskin and leave it be, it doesn't hurt, it doesn't sound like you have a problem.

Just be very gentle when cleaning and perhaps do some in stages and in the bath. The more you do it the more you'll get used to that extreme sensation.

By all means talk to your doctor if you're concerned but it sounds like:
"When I retract my foreskin my penis is very very sensitive to the touch"

Which is 100% normal and as it should be.

the problem is, I cant retract my foreskin, I can only just touch the tip but not pull my foreskin down like you're meant to, which then means I can't clean it properly.
the problem is, I cant retract my foreskin, I can only just touch the tip but not pull my foreskin down like you're meant to, which then means I can't clean it properly.

That sounds like a tight foreskin problem. Honestly, call your GP and book an appointment, let them know if you're under the age of 16. A GP will be able to see you, but may request a nurse or another medical professional is present if you're a minor.

I had the same problem when I was younger. Very common. Just see your GP, it'll fix a lot of your problems dude x

Sorry, my mistake I misunderstood.

Pop along to the doctor.
How did you used to clean behind your foreskin before? I asked my bf about this and he said that even as a kid he was pulling his foreskin back to wash behind it.
Original post by studentdaddie99
so, I'm a teenager and am struggling to clean in my penis, like to pull the foreskin down to clean that area, it hurts so badly to pull it down and when I touch the end of the tip inside, it really hurts, I have read that it shouldn't hurt and should be easy to pull it down to clean it, but I can't, I don't think the foreskin is too tight, but I'm not sure. It's a pain because it means I'm really struggling to clean it, I haven't been able to properly for a bit now.can anyone help me? thank you!

dont want to sound mean but.... girls don't find this hot... disguting yutes of this generation.. how would you feel if i was questioning my labia?!?!?!

Lol okay, they might not find it hot but it doesn’t matter to me what’s other girls think, I’ve got a girlfriend who I’ve spoken to about this and she’s trying to help me, maybe she doesn’t think it’s hot but so what? I asked a question and wanted help, that’s all, not any nasty comments. If you were questioning your labia because you hadn’t been taught something by your parents at a younger age and then got stuck when older, I wouldn’t leave comments like this, you would be looking for help. There’s nothing wrong with what I’m asking, I don’t need girls to find it hot, I’ve got a girlfriend who is being supportive, that’s all I want and help. Thanks.
Original post by Antonia1999
How did you used to clean behind your foreskin before? I asked my bf about this and he said that even as a kid he was pulling his foreskin back to wash behind it.

thing is I was just letting it soak in the bath and cleaning it like i did with my body. my parents never told me or showed me how to care and clean that area, so never knew you really had to pull it back untll not so long ago,before then I thought what i had was normal...idk if my parents did it for me like they should have when younger,but they never showed or taught me how to pull it back and clean it. now I know and i tried, I realise I can't do it....but before I was just trying to wash it around and as much as i could, having baths a lot to soak it.
How big is it? I have the same problem but I have seen posts saying maybe its because your penis hasnt fully grown yet. I'd see a doctor and they will probably pescribe you some topical steroids but I'd try them before getting a circumcision as you can lose sensation when having sex or masturbating.
so, I'm a teenager and am struggling to clean in my penis, like to pull the foreskin down to clean that area, it hurts so badly to pull it down and when I touch the end of the tip inside, it really hurts, I have read that it shouldn't hurt and should be easy to pull it down to clean it, but I can't, I don't think the foreskin is too tight, but I'm not sure. It's a pain because it means I'm really struggling to clean it, I haven't been able to properly for a bit now.
can anyone help me? thank you!

i have the same problem but i don’t want to get circumcised

Quick Reply

Latest