The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by med-admission
Hey guys,

4th Year Barts Medic here, if any of you require help/assistance in getting through Barts' application process this year, get in touch! Good luck :smile:

Will be in touch if am lucky enough to get an interview 😂 thanks so much, appreciate it!
Reply 21
Hey guys,

4th Year Barts Medic here, if any of you require help/assistance in getting through Barts' application process this year, get in touch! Good luck :smile:

That’s really kind of you, thank you! Like Kentbiomedic, I too will be calling on you if I am lucky enough to get an interview😅
Hey guys,

I am an undergraduate and have already applied. With regard to ucas tariff points, how does QMUl count them, and are my certified 3A’s at AS in modular exams counted as well as my 4A*s predicted? Thank you in advance!
Reply 23
Finally! Got a letter from Bart’s today saying that they will allow me extenuating circumstances for taking an extra year to do my undergrad degree, and that I will be ranked alongside everyone else by my degree classification and UKCAT score.
I’m so relieved - if they had said no I would’ve wasted a choice, phew!😅
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by BethyO
x

Bet that's a massive relief! :h:

Does anyone know when Barts are sending out their interview invites? - Not that I'm counting on them inviting me after my appaling UKCAT lol.
Reply 25
Original post by Jin3011
Bet that's a massive relief! :h:

Does anyone know when Barts are sending out their interview invites? - Not that I'm counting on them inviting me after my appaling UKCAT lol.

I think I read on their website that we are unlikely to hear anything before mid December, as their selection process is very complex😬
Original post by BethyO
x

Does anyone even know what their selection process is? lol. They don't seem very transparent :tongue:
Reply 27
Original post by Jin3011
Does anyone even know what their selection process is? lol. They don't seem very transparent :tongue:

No they’re not really, are they?!😂 All I know is that they supposedly place 50/50 weighting on academic merit and UKCAT🤷🏻*♀️
On Thursday I got a request for information for my transcript and reasons why it took more than 3 years to complete my degree. I responded on the same day but haven't heard anything back yet. I did a foundation year then normal three year degree so hope they accept that!
Original post by Fabrique
On Thursday I got a request for information for my transcript and reasons why it took more than 3 years to complete my degree. I responded on the same day but haven't heard anything back yet. I did a foundation year then normal three year degree so hope they accept that!

Hey, did you get an email or was it requested through MySIS?
Am I the only one who never got a MySIS login? I haven’t heard anything from QMUL at all (although with a 2.1 I’m sure it won’t be good news anyway :colondollar:)
Original post by GEM_2019
Am I the only one who never got a MySIS login? I haven’t heard anything from QMUL at all (although with a 2.1 I’m sure it won’t be good news anyway :colondollar:)

It could’ve gone to your junk folder might be worth checking there for it :smile:
Original post by Kentbiomedic
Hey, did you get an email or was it requested through MySIS?

I got an email to say I had a request on MySIS so had to log in to view the message.
Original post by Fabrique
I got an email to say I had a request on MySIS so had to log in to view the message.

Ah okay thank you! All the best with your application :smile:
Original post by GEM_2019

I didn’t get one either but I applied last year, just checked and it’s all the same login, so if you did apply last year that might be why you haven’t heard :smile:
Original post by chattycc21
I didn’t get one either but I applied last year, just checked and it’s all the same login, so if you did apply last year that might be why you haven’t heard :smile:

Ah thanks, Ive never applied before though so I’m not sure! I’ll drop them an email, thank you :smile:
Reply 36
Hi! I applied with predicted 1st BSc and 772, Band1 :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by gem-101
Hi! I applied with predicted 1st BSc and 772, Band1 :smile:

Hello:biggrin:
That’s a great UKCAT👍 Where else have you applied, and what’s your first choice?
Reply 38
Original post by BethyO
Hello:biggrin:
That’s a great UKCAT👍 Where else have you applied, and what’s your first choice?

Thanks! I’ve also applied to Kings, Warwick and Southampton, what about you? Im really not sure! I keep going back and forth :s-smilie:
Reply 39
Original post by gem-101
Thanks! I’ve also applied to Kings, Warwick and Southampton, what about you? Im really not sure! I keep going back and forth :s-smilie:

I’ve applied to Newcastle A100 & A101, and Warwick. When I first applied, I was set on Newcastle but the more research I’ve done, the more I also like the sound of Warwick! But to be fair I’d consider myself incredibly lucky to get an interview anywhere - let alone an offer!:biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending