The Student Room Group

Tell me 1 huge life lesson 2018 has taught you?

one huge life lesson 2018 has taught me is that I should always live MY life and do whats best FOR ME. because the right ones will stay by my side regardless and the wrong ones will go sooner or later.

I had really bad attachment issues and never put myself first (still struggle a little tbh) but learning that has eased my anxiety. I no longer wear myself out for others. I simply be myself and do what I want to do and if they stay, they stay.

This year has been the year I realised that I need to live life connected to myself :smile: and to be strong in who I am
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Nowt.

Not every moment is an epiphany, where you find new resolve and a new perspective on life.
You can’t 100% rely on anyone to do anything for you. Sometimes you’ve gotta break your own back to do it yourself 😩
Original post by Notoriety
Nowt.

Not every moment is an epiphany, where you find new resolve and a new perspective on life.

lol why do people post if they don't have anything to contribute.
Original post by PurpleHills
You can’t 100% rely on anyone to do anything for you. Sometimes you’ve gotta break your own back to do it yourself 😩

so true!!!
I found out that I don't need that one special person in my life for me to be happy. I realised that true happiness can only come internally, not externally.
People don't give a sh*t about you, so don't waste your time trying to please them.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
I found out that I don't need that one special person in my life for me to be happy. I realised that true happiness can only come internally, not externally.

yes this is something I learnt too. YOU GO JOSH!!!
Original post by Secretnerd123
yes this is something I learnt too. YOU GO JOSH!!!

:biggrin:

That was the contribution :tongue:
I asked for 1 life lesson and he said nothing. how is that contributing?

a lot of people do that on my threads and its annoying lol

Because pseudo-profound people, who think they shite wisdom, piss me off.
No matter how hard something in life gets don't back down on it. Get up in its face and fight it.
Original post by Notoriety
Because pseudo-profound people, who think they shite wisdom, piss me off.

just read the thread and go take your negatively elsewhere please
do you have any advice for a 23 year old?
If you make a pun in polite conversation people will f*cking HATE you😭
good for you for changing your life around and I 100% agree. mental health is just as important if not more than physical wellbeing (its connected anyway).
Original post by Roindiana28
If you make a pun in polite conversation people will f*cking HATE you😭

I LOVE puns (esp if you say 'you see what i did there? :wink: " or "pardon the pun" afterwards)
Reply 18
You can never trust anyone. I thought you could but in 2018 something happened which made me realise you can't and I used to convince other people you need at least one person you can trust but in fact that same person is backbiting about you to other people. Life hits you so hard.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Yaz66
You can never trust anyone.

only yourself :wink:

Quick Reply