The Student Room Group

Is every adult on earth struggling with something?

does a struggle free life even exist (not even just financially, just life in general or struggling with anxiety etc.)?
Its quite likely. I was gonna say I doubt Buddhists are struggling with someone but then again, they're only human and the probably slip up here and there.
Original post by JoshDarnIt
Its quite likely. I was gonna say I doubt Buddhists are struggling with someone but then again, they're only human and the probably slip up here and there.

why wouldn't a buddhist be struggling?
Probably, but surely it depends what it is.
Reply 4
All the time I think whether thats a small problem or a big problem!
Original post by DSutch
Probably, but surely it depends what it is.

Original post by Yaz66
All the time I think whether thats a small problem or a big problem!

I always observe strangers and wonder what they may be going through. people may look so happy and put together but may be drowning in depression. the person sitting next to you on the bus may have been told the worst news of their life. ah, this life is mad.
Original post by Secretnerd123
why wouldn't a buddhist be struggling?

Because they're all about overcoming suffering and achieving enlightenment. Idek, I'm tired and my brain isn't working properly lol

Spoiler

Reply 7
I always observe strangers and wonder what they may be going through. people may look so happy and put together but may be drowning in depression. the person sitting next to you on the bus may have been told the worst news of their life. ah, this life is mad.

Yeahhhh thats me^ I always have a smile on my face , never see me sad but the fact is inside I face problems but no one can see those and you need a way to face those!
Yes, that's why you should always endeavour to be nice to people. You never know what people are going through and your thoughtless actions may be the straw that broke that camels back
(Not directed at you specifically OP just society in general)
Because they're all about overcoming suffering and achieving enlightenment. Idek, I'm tired and my brain isn't working properly lol

Spoiler

lmaoooo yess I'm addicted to tsr notifications I think. this is what happens when you have no bae :tongue:
If a person isn't struggling with something, they're not ambitious enough. The best way to learn and grow and better yourself is to struggle.
Original post by CoolCavy
Yes, that's why you should always endeavour to be nice to people. You never know what people are going through and your thoughtless actions may be the straw that broke that camels back
(Not directed at you specifically OP just society in general)

This is precisely why I have started to keep my mouth shut or go somewhere quiet by myself when I'm angry or not feeling positive. my tongue used to hurt others a lot (and myself emotionally because I always instantly regret it).

it's so hard learning to be emotionally intelligent, let me tell you!
lmaoooo yess I'm addicted to tsr notifications I think. this is what happens when you have no bae :tongue:

TSR is your bae now :tongue:
Reply 13
First world problems affect everyone.
TSR is your bae now :tongue:

for now yes :laugh:
Reply 15

Spoiler

Unless they are an arhat or bodhisattva (very rare) then safe to say they have some mundane concerns!
We most definitely struggle at some capacity or another. That's what makes us human! :u:

Quick Reply

Latest