The Student Room Group

An Inspector Calls

Hi! Can anyone please help me analysing an Inspector Calls as I am moving school in year 10 and my whole course has changed. As I will be joining in Autumn 2, An Inspector Calls has already been covered in Autumn 1 and I am really stuck! Does anyone have any quotes and/or analysis of an Inspector Calls? Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

I recommend getting a study guide for the text, I used the CGP one if i remember correctly. It will have info on themes, characters and more as well as analysis by act and scene, all of which will enhance your understanding of the text. Also look through the AIC resources that people have posted on TSR. Off the top of my head, the main themes to consider in the text are wealth and power, responsibility, morality and legality, public v private life.
I completely understand your situation, i had a similar problem in Y12 and it sucks.
Hope this is of some help!
Ben
"I suppose we're all nice people now." (Shelia, Act 3)
"... a man has to make his own way—has to look after himself—and his family, too, of course, when he has one—and so long as he does that he won’t come to much harm. "
Original post by Benjybaker
I recommend getting a study guide for the text, I used the CGP one if i remember correctly. It will have info on themes, characters and more as well as analysis by act and scene, all of which will enhance your understanding of the text. Also look through the AIC resources that people have posted on TSR. Off the top of my head, the main themes to consider in the text are wealth and power, responsibility, morality and legality, public v private life.
I completely understand your situation, i had a similar problem in Y12 and it sucks.
Hope this is of some help!
Ben

Thank you so much!
Dania
Original post by TacticalDebation
"... a man has to make his own way—has to look after himself—and his family, too, of course, when he has one—and so long as he does that he won’t come to much harm. "

Thanks
Original post by TacticalDebation
"I suppose we're all nice people now." (Shelia, Act 3)
Original post by danianasir11
Hi! Can anyone please help me analysing an Inspector Calls as I am moving school in year 10 and my whole course has changed. As I will be joining in Autumn 2, An Inspector Calls has already been covered in Autumn 1 and I am really stuck! Does anyone have any quotes and/or analysis of an Inspector Calls? Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks!

I just used this.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mr-Bruffs-Guide-Inspector-Calls/dp/1549669524/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1549669524&pd_rd_r=b0913abe-e2d1-11e8-99a7-4dfd6b837ca2&pd_rd_w=EZWUa&pd_rd_wg=wkL5x&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=466c8fd0-3653-4c9b-86fa-f9bc8fd2ae35&pf_rd_r=R61XTJC2WK9HJ1ANMAV0&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=R61XTJC2WK9HJ1ANMAV0
Thanks
Thanks
Original post by danianasir11
Thanks!

Check out my bruff aqa gcse English on YouTube
"We are members of one body. We are responsible for each other " - This was one of the core messages the inspector gave. :smile:
My year was the first to do inspector calls for gcse , I can briefly remember. E.g the last sense when the inspector says blood fire anguish (something like that) is a really good quote , when you analyse always find a context to relate to e.g the type of era/century , perspective of women / upper class family , poverty hierarchy etc.
Original post by Sharemine
My year was the first to do inspector calls for gcse , I can briefly remember. E.g the last sense when the inspector says blood fire anguish (something like that) is a really good quote , when you analyse always find a context to relate to e.g the type of era/century , perspective of women / upper class family , poverty hierarchy etc.

Thx
Mr Bruff is good, and I’ll attach some other resource links tomorrow :smile:
Thanks @laurawatt
Thanks!
Original post by 12dtetteh
"We are members of one body. We are responsible for each other " - This was one of the core messages the inspector gave. :smile:

THANKS

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending