The Student Room Group

Dentons Solicitor Apprenticeship Applicants

Just wondering if anyone else has applied and if you've heard back yet?

Sent my application a few weeks ago now and haven't hear anything:s-smilie:

(just to be clear this is for the 6 year apprenticeship with the solicitor qualification)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I was made to do a 30 minutes critical thinking exam.
Original post by Aloha1
Yeah I was made to do a 30 minutes critical thinking exam.

I am right in thinking the deadline isn's until January? And may I ask what your predicted grades are?
Reply 3
I also applied about a week ago and have heard nothing as of yet
Reply 4
Original post by georgesos
I am right in thinking the deadline isn's until January? And may I ask what your predicted grades are?

Yes you are right but they say that it is always better to apply early.
My predicted grades are AA in History and Politics (A already achieved in Maths).
Glad to see some others are applying! I completed the online test a week ago and have just got an email saying I passed the benchmark. Video interview at some point in the next few weeks apparently. Not really sure how to prepare for that!
Original post by Haider_A
I also applied about a week ago and have heard nothing as of yet

Don't worry too much, it took them a while to get back to me after the initial application as well.
Reply 7
Original post by Dobby's Phoenix
Don't worry too much, it took them a while to get back to me after the initial application as well.

I was invited today to do the online assessment; have you done this?
Original post by Haider_A
I was invited today to do the online assessment; have you done this?

The watson glaser test? Yes i've done that- I didn't find it too hard but it's not something that could really be practiced for. If you meet their benchmark you'll then be invited for video interview. Good luck with the application, let me know how you get on
Reply 9
The watson glaser test? Yes i've done that- I didn't find it too hard but it's not something that could really be practiced for. If you meet their benchmark you'll then be invited for video interview. Good luck with the application, let me know how you get on

Hi

I am interested in the apprenticeships but because I am in year 12, I am applying next year. I wanted to know what the questions were like and how long you spent on each question.

Also big question is that, I looked at tests online for free and saw it was difficult. I wanted to know how did you prepare for it and what tips would you give for the Watson glacer tests.
Original post by zillian
Hi

I am interested in the apprenticeships but because I am in year 12, I am applying next year. I wanted to know what the questions were like and how long you spent on each question.

Also big question is that, I looked at tests online for free and saw it was difficult. I wanted to know how did you prepare for it and what tips would you give for the Watson glacer tests.

I'd say I spent under a minute on each question, probably between 30-45 seconds.The questions were very similar to the practice test questions, so just have alook at those. Timing wasn't a massive issue but if in doubt do some practice tests to time. Honestly, I just read up on the format of the test, did one practice test that they had on their website and then just took the actual test. Good luck with your application
Reply 11
I'd say I spent under a minute on each question, probably between 30-45 seconds.The questions were very similar to the practice test questions, so just have alook at those. Timing wasn't a massive issue but if in doubt do some practice tests to time. Honestly, I just read up on the format of the test, did one practice test that they had on their website and then just took the actual test. Good luck with your application

Could you link the practice test that you took because I can’t seem to find it on their website.

Thank you
Original post by zillian
Could you link the practice test that you took because I can’t seem to find it on their website.

Thank you

https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/free/watson-glaser/freetest1/FullTest/
Reply 13

I’ve been doing these for a while and I seem to be getting 61/86 so getting 25 if the questions wrong.

How much have you been getting right for the free critical thinking full tests.

Thank you
Reply 14
Glad to see some others are applying! I completed the online test a week ago and have just got an email saying I passed the benchmark. Video interview at some point in the next few weeks apparently. Not really sure how to prepare for that!

How long after doing the critical test did they email you back?
Original post by zillian
I’ve been doing these for a while and I seem to be getting 61/86 so getting 25 if the questions wrong.

How much have you been getting right for the free critical thinking full tests.

Thank you

Original post by zillian
How long after doing the critical test did they email you back?

I got just over 3/4 of them right on the one practice test I did if i remember rightly. I think they emailed me about a week after give or take
Reply 16
@Dobby's Phoenix

I was notified that I had met the benchmark for the Watson-Glacer.

Do you know what the next steps of the application are and how many further steps there?
Same here! Have anyone done the video interview? I am currently preparing for this stage, will really appreciate if someone could provide some insight into what kind of questions does Dentons ask for the video interview. Thank you so much!
Has anyone heard back about the video interview? I took mine on the 9th of December but still haven't heard anything.
(Original post by Receptacle)Has anyone heard back about the video interview? I took mine on the 9th of December but still haven't heard anything.
Hey is the Watson Glaser test a simillar format to the one on https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/free/watson-glaser/freetest1/FullTest/

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending