The Student Room Group

Kent/Exeter/Bristol Uwe uni

Probably a stupid question but I’ve been looking at the course structure of both Bristol UWE and Kent uni for Law and Criminology together, and at Bristol UWE you’re allowed to add on options, however the course structure on the Kent website looks far better and it doesn’t say you’re able to add on more options but yet it looks like there’s a larger variety of modules. Does this mean that Kent teaches more modules or? And does anyone have any advice on which one of the two would be better and any slight differences between the two. Any help would be appreciated!x
Original post by Hmt27
Probably a stupid question but I’ve been looking at the course structure of both Bristol UWE and Kent uni for Law and Criminology together, and at Bristol UWE you’re allowed to add on options, however the course structure on the Kent website looks far better and it doesn’t say you’re able to add on more options but yet it looks like there’s a larger variety of modules. Does this mean that Kent teaches more modules or? And does anyone have any advice on which one of the two would be better and any slight differences between the two. Any help would be appreciated!x

Have you been to open days? I went to Kent's open day for a different faculty but the Law & Crimonology school was very present and the facilities looked good. Study the two modular structures very carefully, what do you think will benefit you and your career the most? Do you have access to a careers advisor that can go over things with you? Maybe email both of the universities with any questions you get.
Reply 2
Okay thankyou, and I’m going to a Bristol open day in a week or two but many of the other unis don’t have any left, and Kent is quite far away as I’m from Cornwall
Original post by Hmt27
Okay thankyou, and I’m going to a Bristol open day in a week or two but many of the other unis don’t have any left, and Kent is quite far away as I’m from Cornwall

No worries. That's quite a distance yeah. It's fairly big campus at Kent but Canterbury is an amazing place to study and there are good bus connections from the university to the city. If you need any more information about the area or the university then just ask. I don't think Kent have any more open days left however there may be events specific to Law & Crimonology so keep an eye out.
Reply 4
I don't exactly know what your predicted grades are or what kind of Unis you are aiming for but consider Lancaster University. They do Law and Criminology too.
Reply 5
I’m considering Bristol Uwe as my main one. I think my predicted grades are AAB but I don’t really class myself as ‘smart’ as I’m currently doing an extended diploma
Reply 6
you can get into do many great Unis with AAB, don't limit yourself.
you may not think you are smart but your grades say otherwise
Reply 7
Original post by Hmt27

Why not the University of Bristol? Would be miles better than UWE

They accept:

Law - D*DD (You could aim for this)
or
Criminology - DDM
Reply 8
Original post by yt7777
Why not the University of Bristol? Would be miles better than UWE

They accept:

Law - D*DD (You could aim for this)
or
Criminology - DDM

I agree that Bristol is better. BTW OP does Alevels.
ABB - BBC for Criminology
A*AA/A*AB - AAB for Law
Reply 9
Original post by Hello34
I agree that Bristol is better. BTW OP does Alevels.
ABB - BBC for Criminology
A*AA/A*AB - AAB for Law

They posted another thread that they're doing a BTEC Extended Diploma in Public Services predicted DDM?
Original post by Hmt27

Hi @Hmt27,

It's so great to hear that you're considering UWE Bristol!

I'm sure you're aware already, but our list of mandatory and optional module can be found on the course page on our website.

I will also message you the details of the course leader so you can ask them any specific questions you may have.

In the meantime, if you have any questions about life at UWE Bristol, Bristol as a city, or anything about the campuses and additional services, then please don't hesitate to ask!

Best wishes,

Lois
Original post by yt7777
They posted another thread that they're doing a BTEC Extended Diploma in Public Services predicted DDM?

I didn't see that thread so I don't know, but I guess you are right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending