The Student Room Group

Girlfriend cheated on me

My girfriend got really drunk and had sex with a random guy on a night out, she blames drink and seems to be devastated by everything that has happened. But she still can’t give me any other reason than drink. This is tearing me apart what do I do?

Scroll to see replies

She needs to go man, drinking is no excuse, It’ll just happen again. Do yourself a favor and kick her out the door now!
Original post by Anonymous
My girfriend got really drunk and had sex with a random guy on a night out, she blames drink and seems to be devastated by everything that has happened. But she still can’t give me any other reason than drink. This is tearing me apart what do I do?

Dude. Let her go, drinking isn't an excuse. We all know losing control leaves us in compromising positions and she put herself there.
Break up with her. You don't suddenly forget you're in a relationship when you're drunk.

Your life and relationship. Do you want to carry on> If so forgive her and move on.
Personally I dont believe in the drink excuse., shed have to be worth the effort to try and carry on. Things have changed now one way or the other.
Well she's basically telling you it'll happen again the next time she has a drink.

She still cheated. She chose to consume so much drink.
oh yeah man report her to the exam board

she'll be disqualified but it's fair for everyone

1. Get her to quit alcohol because drinking alcohol is more damaging to society than taking drugs.

2. You also quit alcohol because drinking alcohol is more damaging to society than taking drugs.

3. Leave her.

4. Get an arranged marriage, innit.
Reply 9
Dump her, drink is not an excuse.
Original post by Zamestaneh
1. Get her to quit alcohol because drinking alcohol is more damaging to society than taking drugs.

2. You also quit alcohol because drinking alcohol is more damaging to society than taking drugs.

3. Leave her.

4. Get an arranged marriage, innit.

oh I thought she cheated on an exam

lol

:^) I agree with the alcohol part
what should you do? Find a new girlfriend who doesn't drop her pants whenever she is drunk

looking from the replies drink is is actually alcoholic drink, yea thought it's water/juice/soda.

yk lemme tell you the story of a young boy who was cheated many times before (also exam-wise but that's B-sides the point bro)

half of the cheating excuses was from ethanol (what makes people drunk bro), since this is toxic lol I don't get why people still drink that stuff. geez it's a slow poison but still a powerful one.

then he got married cuz girlfriends are more likely to cheat than wives (plus you can always divorce, it's like breaking-up anyways). I think that's caused by the officiality and stuff. So prolly if you don't want that cheating stuff to happen again then do that :P.

So now you have 2 options:
-4give and give ONE LAST AND ONLY ONE chance
-Break-up

your choice bro

Just split up gently so neither of you get hurt. It could be "Thanks, but we can't date anymore after this".

If your'e at Uni relationships can be horrendously ephemeral things which feel like everything that matter to you at the time, but can end suddenly amidst the excitement and opportunity of university life.

For this reason, being at all clingy at University can be devastating if you let something mean a lot to you.

It really pays to be super cool and say "Thanks, but you're' not for me" and don't look back, just get on with other things you can rely on, even if it's just work.
I feel so sorry for you, I know I would be devastated if my girlfriend did this :frown:. I know personally when I do go to uni next year, I wouldn't dream of cheating and I definitely wouldn't let alcohol hurt the person I love, if she can't do something as simple as that (yes, not cheating is pretty simple, alcohol is a lousy excuse), then she ain't worth it i'm affraid.
Reply 15

What I don't understand is why do people confess to cheating, instead of keeping it a secret. It's beyond me.
Original post by Ciel.
What I don't understand is why do people confess to cheating, instead of keeping it a secret. It's beyond me.

That's worse!
Reply 17
Original post by JackMac2904
That's worse!

No it isn't. Nobody gets hurt that way.
Original post by Ciel.
No it isn't. Nobody gets hurt that way.

That is incredibly shallow of you and I hope you don't have a bf/gf, I would feel so sorry for them.
Break up with her.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending