The Student Room Group

Essay Help

Is there anybody that could help me write the beginning of my psychology essay? I have wrote 20/2000 words in the last 3 weeks, feel like I'm going to just end it all by the end of this essay.Please Please help ME!!!!Thank you :smile:
What's the question.
What’s the essay about and at what level? (GCSE/ A levels/ graduate?)
Reply 3
Original post by Phelpseygirl
ONE
of these three perspectives in psychology
has shaped the course of the field as a wholeWhat’s the essay about and at what level? (GCSE/ A levels/ graduate?)

the question is: iscuss how the humanistic perspective in psychology has shaped the course of the field as a whole.
And graduate.
This might sound silly but its my first year and ive not written an essay yet therefore i need help :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by random_matt
ONE

of these three perspectives in psychology
has shaped the course of the field as a wholeatt)What's the question.

Discuss how humanistic prespective in psychology has shaped the course of the field as a whole.
Original post by nib16
Discuss how humanistic prespective in psychology has shaped the course of the field as a whole.

Have you researched humanistic approaches, that's a good start.
Reply 6
(Original post by random_matt)Have you researched humanistic approaches, that's a good start.
haha yes of course and i was awake during every class, i just dont know what to write :'(
Original post by nib16
(Original post by random_matt)Have you researched humanistic approaches, that's a good start.
haha yes of course and i was awake during every class, i just dont know what to write :'(

An introduction, although that's easiest to write last.

A thesis statement is what you need to work out, then you can write the main body.
Ignore the beginning. Start writing out the middle - the important thing is to get stuff written down! Then you can back and neaten everything up, perhaps even delete and rearrange parts. Often the hardest part is getting those first few words on the page, and it will typically get easier after this.

Have you got a rough plan for what you want to include?

If you're still struggling, look at the structure of other essays - although I'd advise not to look at essays on your topic because you may accidentally plagiarize...

I know that if I stress the start of essays, I tend to procrastinate, and then writing any part of it becomes harder. So writing a draft that I tell myself I will not submit at all - so essentially it's unimportant and the writing doesn't matter - can help get stuff written down. Once I've got into the flow of writing, I can start writing something I'm pleased with.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending