The Student Room Group

What do I do with my A level choices?

Hi,
I am struggling to come up with ideas on what to do as a degree/ what career I want to go into. My A level choices are Maths, Economics and Biology. Any opinions/ideas?
Computer science would be good with those, especially with realistic AI/medical applications of CS
Also those could be good for an analytics job
Reply 2
Mate you got some decent a levels to do a wide variety of courses. Let me give you a list of the top of my head.

Computer science
Computing
Computer engineering
Mathematics and anything related to it
Economics
Politics
Business studies and anything business related
Biology
Psychology
Medicine
Biomedical science
Marine biology
Zoology
Anything NHS related

I’m sure there is more
Original post by KML121
Hi,
I am struggling to come up with ideas on what to do as a degree/ what career I want to go into. My A level choices are Maths, Economics and Biology. Any opinions/ideas?

What are your interests outside of studies? Are you into science? Do you like to know what’s going on around you regarding the news? Does money motivate you? Do you love reading and writing? Looking at your a levels if I were you, which it seems you’re good at science/maths, I’d go into finance/economics at uni.
Reply 4
Original post by ambiplasma
Computer science would be good with those, especially with realistic AI/medical applications of CS
Also those could be good for an analytics job

Yes that sounds like an interesting career choice! But considering I've never studied computer science/programming I would have to start learning the basics very soon! Thanks for the idea!
Reply 5
Original post by storm95
Mate you got some decent a levels to do a wide variety of courses. Let me give you a list of the top of my head.

Computer science
Computing
Computer engineering
Mathematics and anything related to it
Economics
Politics
Business studies and anything business related
Biology
Psychology
Medicine
Biomedical science
Marine biology
Zoology
Anything NHS related

I’m sure there is more

Thank you for your ideas! Computer science sounds really interesting but I would need to start learning the skills ASAP. I was also thinking about biotechnology. Do you think biotechnology would be good with my choices?
Reply 6
Original post by Hannay(FTGI)
What are your interests outside of studies? Are you into science? Do you like to know what’s going on around you regarding the news? Does money motivate you? Do you love reading and writing? Looking at your a levels if I were you, which it seems you’re good at science/maths, I’d go into finance/economics at uni.

I like acting and cooking but I want to keep them more as hobbies. I think the subject I am enjoying the most right now is Biology so possibly I would want to go into a career that has something to do with Bio. Biotechnology is something ive been looking into recently, and it looks like an amazing degree!
Original post by KML121
I like acting and cooking but I want to keep them more as hobbies. I think the subject I am enjoying the most right now is Biology so possibly I would want to go into a career that has something to do with Bio. Biotechnology is something ive been looking into recently, and it looks like an amazing degree!

Yeh that sounds really good. Defo look into that! Ask teachers at your school if you can and maybe email universities too. Look on their websites and look at the courses they offer. Go through all the courses that interest you and look at the modules and just literally pick the best ones to you and choose that, job done
Reply 8
Original post by KML121
Thank you for your ideas! Computer science sounds really interesting but I would need to start learning the skills ASAP. I was also thinking about biotechnology. Do you think biotechnology would be good with my choices?

If that’s what you enjoy then go for it! Anything to do with technology is guaranteed to give you a stable career

Quick Reply

Latest