The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LLB Law student at LSE - AMA

Happy to answer any questions :smile:

Scroll to see replies

What were your predicted grades and GCSES?
How are you finding the workload?
Are you first, second or third year?
(edited 5 years ago)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by anonymous1231231
What were your predicted grades and GCSES?
How are you finding the workload?
Are you first, second or third law?

My predicted grades were A*A*A*
workload is quite tough to manage, considering there are readings and stuff to do every single week, but overall i do find the work set very interesting and thought-provoking so i don't mind it
Im a first-year :smile:
What were your GCSEs and what was your LNAT score?
Original post by kookie515

If I'm not wrong, LSE has only started using LNAT this year
If I'm not wrong, LSE has only started using LNAT this year

Original post by kookie515

Yes, they've introduced it this year, but I still took it last year - score of 23
My GCSEs are all As and A*s, with one B :smile:
Original post by student73609
Yes, they've introduced it this year, but I still took it last year - score of 23
My GCSEs are all As and A*s, with one B :smile:

What lnat unis did u apply to out of curiosity
What lnat unis did u apply to out of curiosity

Oxford, Kings College, UCL, LSE and QMUL (QMUL doesn't require the LNAT)
(edited 5 years ago)
Oxford, Kings College, UCL, LSE and QMUL

How do you feel about LSE's low student satisfaction?
Original post by Queen Sibba
How do you feel about LSE's low student satisfaction?

I think student satisfaction is quite a mixed bag. LSE doesn't have the best social life, but if you are a very social person then there are definitely a lot of things and activities to get involved in. If you are a more introverted person - like me - having a social life wasn't really a biggie for me, and it wasn't a big deciding factor in what university I wanted to go to.

However, I've noticed that with the workload, having a social life is quite difficult to balance out and maintain - but it's not impossible to do!
I think student satisfaction is quite a mixed bag. LSE doesn't have the best social life, but if you are a very social person then there are definitely a lot of things and activities to get involved in. If you are a more introverted person - like me - having a social life wasn't really a biggie for me, and it wasn't a big deciding factor in what university I wanted to go to.

However, I've noticed that with the workload, having a social life is quite difficult to balance out and maintain - but it's not impossible to do!

I understand that the workload is really big, but would you be able to put that into context? People always say that A-levels are a big step up from GCSEs but I personally felt like the transition was quite natural, would you say the step-up is comparable or was it a big shock to the system? How long did it take for you to get used to it?
Could you give me your reading list?
I understand that the workload is really big, but would you be able to put that into context? People always say that A-levels are a big step up from GCSEs but I personally felt like the transition was quite natural, would you say the step-up is comparable or was it a big shock to the system? How long did it take for you to get used to it?

So, for A-Levels I did revise a lot daily, and at LSE, I've been put into the same habits. The workload consists of doing module readings, preparations for classes which includes problem questions, chapter readings, judgement readings etc, alongside revising lecture notes and doing general supplementary readings/revision.

To manage that, I think, comes with a lot of practice. I think that the main step up from GCSE to A-Levels, for me, was the amount of content I needed to know, exam technique, etc. I'm assuming you're doing your AS Levels; I think that the transition from AS Levels to A2 was way bigger than the GCSE transition to AS. AS to A2 wasn't really a shock since I expected it, but was very demanding and did require a lot of dedication.

I hope this makes sense!
Original post by BFG9000
Could you give me your reading list?

The readings are different for each module, and we have different readings to do for each class each week - its unstable if that makes sense!
So, for A-Levels I did revise a lot daily, and at LSE, I've been put into the same habits. The workload consists of doing module readings, preparations for classes which includes problem questions, chapter readings, judgement readings etc, alongside revising lecture notes and doing general supplementary readings/revision.

To manage that, I think, comes with a lot of practice. I think that the main step up from GCSE to A-Levels, for me, was the amount of content I needed to know, exam technique, etc. I'm assuming you're doing your AS Levels; I think that the transition from AS Levels to A2 was way bigger than the GCSE transition to AS. AS to A2 wasn't really a shock since I expected it, but was very demanding and did require a lot of dedication.

I hope this makes sense!

Thank you so much, that makes complete sense I definitely feel as though there is a bigger step up from AS to A2. How much did you feel you revised for A-levels?
Thank you so much, that makes complete sense I definitely feel as though there is a bigger step up from AS to A2. How much did you feel you revised for A-levels?

I'm glad this helps, I thought I was the only one who found the step from AS to A2 much harder and demanding lol
And honestly, I would be revising as much as I could, I do not recommend this at all because its so draining, I promise you. Looking back at A2 revision, I would've made a schedule and left some hours for myself, because you truly feel the impact at the end of the year from not leaving some time for yourself.
If you don’t mind me asking, would it be possible for you to share with us what other offers you received?
So now lse requires the lnat? Can you not get in if you don't have it?
Original post by xpotatoxcartof
So now lse requires the lnat? Can you not get in if you don't have it?

It's now compulsory, you must do the LNAT for your application to be considered by LSE by 20th January 2019 - they also only look at the MCQ; the essay is not considered.
Original post by Hellos1977
If you don’t mind me asking, would it be possible for you to share with us what othurer offers you received?

Sure no problem, I was rejected from Oxford and Kings :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending