The Student Room Group

have you ever stalked your past teachers on fb?

because of my amazing memory (it really is amazing), I remember all my teachers' names (even from reception which was almost 2 decades ago). I also remember many ex classsmates' surnames which is irrelevant so idk why my mind hasn't erased it lol.

anyway, I stalked my alevel psychology teacher randomly today for some reason and hes married! he was young (still is. hes like 34) and inspired me to love psychology as much as I do today. I had a serious crush on him at one point too, anyway, it made me feel a little sad because I miss my college days. I desire to bump into him one day and tell him how much he has inspired me
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 1
Teacher? Never. Classmates? I think everyone has.
Original post by patry27
Teacher? Never. Classmates? I think everyone has.

they all look the same to me
No, mostly I was glad that I would never have to set foot in their classrooms again.
Many of them were my parents friends and fellow activists.

I did come face to face with one of the most vile secondary school teachers of all time, years after she and the school bullies gave me 1.5 hours of misery every single week. She was working as a door to door television licence inspector, took one look at me then glared and stormed off to the house next door.
Yelled through their letterbox "DO YOU HAVE A TV LICENCE".
For one horrifying moment I though she had tracked me down and was going to drag me back to school.
Original post by londonmyst
No, mostly I was glad that I would never have to set foot in their classrooms again.
Many of them were my parents friends and fellow activists.

I did come face to face with one of the most vile secondary school teachers of all time, years after she and the school bullies gave me 1.5 hours of misery every single week. She was working as a door to door television licence inspector, took one look at me then glared and stormed off to the house next door.
Yelled through their letterbox "DO YOU HAVE A TV LICENCE".
For one horrifying moment I though she had tracked me down and was going to drag me back to school.

hahaha was that years after you finished?
and did they revoke her qualification for her to go from teaching to do door to door ?
'Stalked' is kind of the key word here :rolleyes:
Original post by Secretnerd123
hahaha was that years after you finished?
and did they revoke her qualification for her to go from teaching to do door to door ?

Four years after I left school.
I think she kept her teaching qualifications, it was her reference and toxic personality that capsized her teaching career.
Although having the police drag the worst school bullies out of her classroom in handcuffs probably didn't earn her any goodwill from the headmistress.
(edited 5 years ago)
Entertainingly we found an ex-teacher drinking from a beer bong on fb. The same teacher that had lectured us about "being safe and careful about what you put online".
Original post by _gcx
Entertainingly we found an ex-teacher drinking from a beer bong on fb. The same teacher that had lectured us about "being safe and careful about what you put online".

lol hes gonna wish he took his own advice
actually i haven't stalked my new sixth form teachers - thanks for reminding me

my classmates have found very explicit pictures of teachers on instagram. how we manage to track private accounts well that's beyond me
someone in my year was suspended last year for finding my chemisty teacher's snapchat and screenshotting pictures
they got caught by asking my chemistry teacher if she wasn't going to be in school that day because she was going to a party with her bf

now most teachers have public and private accounts or just private accounts
for example my old french teacher and current geography teacher sometimes adds students on their public 'school' accounts
in fact my old french teacher invited her form class to her wedding a few years ago
what they don't know is i've found their private accounts lolol. y'all adults post some weird pictures on facebook. like reallyyy weird...

my primary school teachers are a lot more old fashioned and cute and sensible. they do things like reading in their spare time and so it's not that interesting.
i've seen pictures of my science teachers at clubs and it's really amusing tbh because they're so professional at school. obviously i don't share it with anyone and it's fun - the same teacher who would yell at us for our tie lengths led such a scandalous life
Original post by rainclouds-
actually i haven't stalked my new sixth form teachers - thanks for reminding me

my classmates have found very explicit pictures of teachers on instagram. how we manage to track private accounts well that's beyond me
someone in my year was suspended last year for finding my chemisty teacher's snapchat and screenshotting pictures
they got caught by asking my chemistry teacher if she wasn't going to be in school that day because she was going to a party with her bf

now most teachers have public and private accounts or just private accounts
for example my old french teacher and current geography teacher sometimes adds students on their public 'school' accounts
in fact my old french teacher invited her form class to her wedding a few years ago
what they don't know is i've found their private accounts lolol. y'all adults post some weird pictures on facebook. like reallyyy weird...

my primary school teachers are a lot more old fashioned and cute and sensible. they do things like reading in their spare time and so it's not that interesting.
i've seen pictures of my science teachers at clubs and it's really amusing tbh because they're so professional at school. obviously i don't share it with anyone and it's fun - the same teacher who would yell at us for our tie lengths led such a scandalous life

hahah yeah us teachers lead double lives :wink:
I am still in school so the answer is obviously no, but even when I leave school I have no interest in what they do outside of them teaching me in the classroom. So, not not even my Soccer Coach will I try and follow on Social Media if they even have one. If I happen to see them at a store I will say hi, but I won't ask them about their business.
Nah but one or two of my friends seem to have and also aided their need to gossip of it. Ngl tho, it was interesting and fulfilled my curiousity to know where they are at now.

Quick Reply

Latest