The Student Room Group

UCL Bartlett Architecture Application 2019

Can anyone help/ share their experience of their application process from UCAS to the interview stage from current and past students for the Undergraduate architecture course at UCL
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hey!
I havent applied yet. However, I am planning on applying to Barlett for architecture soon.
I am doing IB so my predicted grades are: 38 points over all. Higher levels(maths(5), Physics(6) and visual art(6)) standard level(economics(7), SpanishB(6) and EnglishA lang and lit(6)) +2 points for TOK/EE
I hope I get in lol.
fingers crossed
Reply 2
Original post by Jacob_2019
Hey!
I havent applied yet. However, I am planning on applying to Barlett for architecture soon.
I am doing IB so my predicted grades are: 38 points over all. Higher levels(maths(5), Physics(6) and visual art(6)) standard level(economics(7), SpanishB(6) and EnglishA lang and lit(6)) +2 points for TOK/EE
I hope I get in lol.
fingers crossed

I haven't applied yet too, I want to make sure I'm prepared and my portfolio is ready or close to ready before I send mine off.
I am doing Alevels and am predicted AAB ( i do economics too) I'm thinking of applying to two courses at the Bartlett: architecture and architecture + IS with a year abroad.

Good luck with your application
(edited 5 years ago)
what are the subjects you are doing at a levels??
Reply 4
Economics, Product Design and computer science
Original post by Jul.46

Cool! have you applied yet? If not when are you planning on applying?
Also, what is your extracurriculars like?
And, How are you getting along with your portfolio given that you dont do art?
Original post by Jul.46

Cool! have you applied yet? If not when are you planning on applying?
Also, what is your extracurriculars like?
And, How are you getting along with your portfolio given that you dont do art?
Reply 7
Well I did the silver arts award (as extracurricular) which I’ll probably include in my portfolio as I did some figure sketching. Other than that I hadn’t done much art as I didn’t choose it for gcse, but I did do graphics and currently product design. I’ve included lots of 3D modelling and CAD stuff aswell some sketches of buildings and perspective designs. I was hoping to have sent my application off by now but hopefully I should be able to send it by next week :smile:

How’s your application going, have you sent yours off yet??
Reply 8
Just thought I would let you know that the portfolio can't include any work that isn't in response to the task. You get given five 'ideas/questions' and you have to complete 5 drawings. These should take 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, 60 min, 90 min (one of each) and you can't produce these from a picture, they much be from observation/ imagination. They are really looking for thoughtfulness and creativity/ experimentation not work you have previously completed :smile:. Hope this helps!
Original post by Xgabybhi
Just thought I would let you know that the portfolio can't include any work that isn't in response to the task. You get given five 'ideas/questions' and you have to complete 5 drawings. These should take 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, 60 min, 90 min (one of each) and you can't produce these from a picture, they much be from observation/ imagination. They are really looking for thoughtfulness and creativity/ experimentation not work you have previously completed :smile:. Hope this helps!

Yea, I know. I was talking about the portfolio you present at the interview.
Also, about the drawing task, I am confused as to how the school will know how much time i spent on it? Like, what if a candidate takes more than 5 minutes for the five minute sketch?
Original post by Jul.46
Well I did the silver arts award (as extracurricular) which I’ll probably include in my portfolio as I did some figure sketching. Other than that I hadn’t done much art as I didn’t choose it for gcse, but I did do graphics and currently product design. I’ve included lots of 3D modelling and CAD stuff aswell some sketches of buildings and perspective designs. I was hoping to have sent my application off by now but hopefully I should be able to send it by next week :smile:

How’s your application going, have you sent yours off yet??

No, I havent sent it off yet :frown: I was hoping to send it off by this week but i got some more feedback from my teachers about my P.S so i wanna spend this week sort of polishing up my statement. But yea, hopefully by the end of next week, I can send off the aplication lol
Yea, I know. I was talking about the portfolio you present at the interview.
Also, about the drawing task, I am confused as to how the school will know how much time i spent on it? Like, what if a candidate takes more than 5 minutes for the five minute sketch?

I'm honestly not sure, I think they just want to trust the candidates and hope they don't spend more than the allocated time... But one thing you could do is record yourself completing the tasks if you were worried?
I'm honestly not sure, I think they just want to trust the candidates and hope they don't spend more than the allocated time... But one thing you could do is record yourself completing the tasks if you were worried?

Yea maybe.
Also, are you applying for architecture at UCL? if so what are your stats?
Yea maybe.
Also, are you applying for architecture at UCL? if so what are your stats?

Yeah my application got sent off yesterday and I got asked for the task already. I do Maths, Eng Lit and Art and predicted A*A*A. Good luck with your application btw. :smile:
I am applying to UCL, Sheffield, Nottingham, Kent and Newcastle.
(edited 5 years ago)
Yeah my application got sent off yesterday and I got asked for the task already. I do Maths, Eng Lit and Art and predicted A*A*A. Good luck with your application btw. :smile:
I am applying to UCL, Sheffield, Nottingham, Kent and Newcastle.

Wow thats so great congratulations!!
whats is the task? and how are you getting on with it?
Would anyone mind reading my personal statement? I'm not from the UK and don't know what the expectations are but I also have architecture at UCL as my top choice :smile:
sure! send it to me and i will have a look. i have been told my P.S is strong so i might be able to help
To recommend, doing the task honestly and at the best that you can would really help with the application process. They do know roughly how much you should take for each piece based on the medium that you use. If you get into the interview stage, it is really important to prepare what each of your piece(s) are trying to convey to the interviewer. They are really interested on what you think.
Goodluck!
Reply 18
Original post by yunjibi888
To recommend, doing the task honestly and at the best that you can would really help with the application process. They do know roughly how much you should take for each piece based on the medium that you use. If you get into the interview stage, it is really important to prepare what each of your piece(s) are trying to convey to the interviewer. They are really interested on what you think.
Goodluck!

Thankyou this is sooo helpful, I was really worried about the whole process. I was also wondering if they actually read the second personal statements for the interview??
Original post by Jul.46
Thankyou this is sooo helpful, I was really worried about the whole process. I was also wondering if they actually read the second personal statements for the interview??

They didn’t read it in front of you but i guess they should’ve read it before they interview you anyways.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending