The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Love is love and that so as long as you’re both adults I think the sky’s the limit.
to me, I find it disgusting to see men over 40 with late teen to early 20 year olds.

I'm 23 and the oldest I would go for is 31 but my ideal would be 3 years :smile:
Reply 3
divide by 2 and add 7 to the age. that's the lowest
When they're too old to realistically have a good relationship, and potentially marriage and kids if that's what you want. My boyfriend is 7 years older and some people think that's way too much, but we are very happy so it doesn't matter to us.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm turning 20 in a month and have gotten into a relationship with someone quite a bit older. How old would you say is too old?

I am dating some 9 years older than me, I don't find any men my age attractive (Of course I can say they look good, but I never crush on them or want to date them).
I have had experiences with people 16 years older than me,

I would personally never date anyone that isn't at least 5 years older than me just because I haven't ever found to be attracted to anyone like that. But if I do become attracted, doesn't mean I won't date them as long as they are not younger. Someone being younger than me is a huge dealbreaker to me, turns me off beyond belief.
Depends on the individuals involved. If it's quite a large age gap you're always going to find some who disagree with it but that shouldn't matter. People like bringing others down or enforcing their narrow minded views on others. Don't let it bother you.
(edited 5 years ago)
Don't worry about the age gap, its your happiness that counts.
So long as both people are adults and happy together, why should there be a maximum age for love?
When I left the ex I was 19 and he was in his 40s.
I only ever date older, usually with at least a 15 year age gap.
Original post by londonmyst
So long as both people are adults and happy together, why should there be a maximum age for love?
When I left the ex I was 19 and he was in his 40s.
I only ever date older, usually with at least a 15 year age gap.

Damn, that's big right there.
Original post by bones-mccoy
Depends on the individuals involved. If it's quite a large age gap you're always going to find some who disagree with it but that shouldn't matter. People like bringing others down or enforcing their narrow minded views on others. Don't let it bother you.

you're really pretty
Original post by Secretnerd123
you're really pretty

Im only 18 and I’d never date anyone who’s younger or older than me by a year lol wtf
Original post by P.Ree

https://www.explainxkcd.com/wiki/index.php/314:_Dating_Pools
I would never be with someone younger than me. And the oldest would be 5 years. I’m 18 now so 23 maximum. I’ve been attracted to people older than 23 but what do we really have in common? Nothing. Truthfully I couldn’t give a crap about what the **** that went down back in the 90s.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Anonymous
I'm turning 20 in a month and have gotten into a relationship with someone quite a bit older. How old would you say is too old?

What's quite a bit? :P
No one younger for sure. And older, got to be younger than me da by a good few years at least or that's just weird for me.
Reply 17
Original post by Rainfall
I would never be with someone younger than me. And the oldest would be 5 years. I’m 18 now so 23 maximum. I’ve been attracted to people older than 23 but what do we really have in common? Nothing. Truthfully I couldn’t give a crap about what the **** that went down back in the 90s.

The 90's was great. Better than the noughties :P

Truthfully though you don't know how you will get on with someone unless you try. I remember at 26 being on pof and this 18 year old contacted me. I was a bit reluctant at first due to the age gap. We got on average-ish online. At that particular time I was more introverted than I am now and found it hard to get on with anyone tbh. Anyways we met up and literally talked for like 4 hours straight, no awkward siliences at all. I was shocked at how well we clicked tbh, on paper you wouldn't have thought it. Still to this day i've not come accross anyone I've got on so well with.

Vast majority of the people who say stuff like "If you are more than X years older than the person you'll have nothing in common" haven't even given it a try. They are just thinking what sounds logical on "paper"

Or they'll go on dates with like 5 people their own age, and perhaps get on with 3 of them, and not really click with 2 of them but still be open to that age group, then try 1 person who's age is a large amount away from their own, not get on with them ..and conclude they cannot get on with anyone from the older age group and stop being open to it.
Ignore anyone who tries to apply a simple mathematical formula or limit to complex human relationships.
Original post by P.Ree

except if you're 40, and ur gf is 27 lol

Latest

Trending

Trending