The Student Room Group

St John's 2019 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thisguy321
Aha, yeah I would email them back to check they got your form anyway because I emailed them mine, but I didn't get a reply so to be safe I emailed to see whether they had it but they said they didn't so I'm rly glad i just checked.
Got kinda paranoid after school somehow *forgot* to enter me for the MAT.

Lol that’s literally what I did
I don't want to pester them though. I think they should have mine because it's been sent twice now, and there's no reason why it wouldn't have gone through. I think they would have emailed if they didn't have it by now
Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
Did anyone get a reply from St John's after sending the confidentiality form? I got the email acknowledging my application, and a reminder to send the form, but I've had nothing since that. I just really want to find out if I've got an interview, so I can start prep for it

How long did it take them to confirm that they received the form?
Original post by Maths&physics
How long did it take them to confirm that they received the form?

I've had no confirmation emails to say they got the form
Original post by sinsine
Hello all,

When I sent them my email with my documents, I specifically asked if they acknowledge that they have received my documents. They just replied saying that they did, so not to worry because I think they just don't have the procedure of replying to every applicant sending in their documents.

Hope that helped! :smile:

How long did it take them to confirm they had received them? thanks
Original post by Burnbad
Hey, I'm Lawrence from London, applying for Physical Natural Sciences.I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Chemistry for A levels.My predicted grades are 4A*s, and I don't have any GCSE grades Lol (I just moved here a year ago).I chose here because I want to meet a bunch of fun people instead of nerds, and the vibe and May ball here is exactly the thing I'm looking.I found NSAA this year a bit easier and really enjoyed it! I did part ABE in section1 and all the Physics in section 2.Wish I can see everyone next year!

Hi! I'm also applying for NatSci physical at John's, with the same subjects and A level grades. Chose it because I visited on the open day and really liked the vibes, (and also uh I may have met Devine-Stoneman and been persuaded to apply because John's is ''like Slytherin". All very logical factors).
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Maths&physics
How long did it take them to confirm they had received them? thanks

It took them just two days, because I sent on a Friday and they got back to me on Monday. I suppose it is as immediate as it gets. Please don't worry about them not receiving your documents. The main application thread has mentioned that they don't acknowledge receipt of the documents explicitly, and would have instead contacted you if you did not submit. :smile:
Original post by sinsine
It took them just two days, because I sent on a Friday and they got back to me on Monday. I suppose it is as immediate as it gets. Please don't worry about them not receiving your documents. The main application thread has mentioned that they don't acknowledge receipt of the documents explicitly, and would have instead contacted you if you did not submit. :smile:

I also asked for confirmation and I received it about 2 days later too. :smile:
Reply 28
anyone has anything fun to share? I'm a bit boring.
I'm also applying for law at St John's = seems pretty popular here. Just want to hear back about interviews asap!
Original post by graceeeee5
I'm also applying for law at St John's = seems pretty popular here. Just want to hear back about interviews asap!

They also make a lot of offers too. :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by ele.green
They also make a lot of offers too. :smile:

About 1 Law offer per 5 applicants.

What course are you applying for?
Original post by yashparikh

law!!
law!!

Haha I realised after I posted
Original post by Doonesbury
About 1 Law offer per 5 applicants.

Wow, that is competitive but it is a lot less competitive than some subjects.
Reply 36
Original post by ele.green
Wow, that is competitive but it is a lot less competitive than some subjects.

I'm not sure what point you are making.

John's doesn't "make a lot of offers" for Law, it's average... and the number of offers it makes for other courses is pretty much in line with the university averages for those courses too (including Philosophy :wink: ).
Reply 37
The stress of checking my emails every ten mins now waiting on interviews. Stressed out
Reply 38
Original post by thisguy321
The stress of checking my emails every ten mins now waiting on interviews. Stressed out

Lol literally same for me
Original post by Burnbad
Lol literally same for me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending