The Student Room Group

I've lost all my friends

Long story short I've basically lost all my friends. I had an incidence with someone and for some unknown reason my best friends decided to side with them even though they have no relationship with this person what so ever. The funny thing is that my so called ' friends ' never want to get involved when I have problems with other people as they say they would rather stay neutral ( which I respect) , but now they suddenly do want to get involved but take the opposite side. Even people that aren't my friends acknowledged the fact that I wasn't in the wrong after hearing about the situation. This group were literally my best friends and when I really needed them, they took the side of someone which they have no relationship with . This isn't the only thing I was upset about. My 'friends' showed no interest in my feelings as I was crying after everything had happened; they just ignored me. They also decided to ignore me completely after talking to the other person , and when I asked them if they had said anything bad about me they denied it even after I said that I had heard different from other people . Oh and I also forget to mention they always expect me to chase after them. I understand that I can't make them change their opinion about the situation, however they should know me long enough to know I wouldn't do something I was accused of in this situation ( I don't really want to get into the details of what happened but I'll summarise it and say I was accused of something I didn't do and my best friends didn't want to believe me and said I was immature for not admitting my 'mistake') . They turned against me when I needed them the most and I can assure you I've always been there for them . The person involved in the incidence is notorious for cheating and lying and even they have admitted that before. They made me feel worse about the situation as they were accusing me of stuff I didn't do , which was rather shocking . As a good friend I would expect them to believe me. We had a talk about it but I can say that our friendship won't ever be the same due to what has happened. I'm fine with everyone else in my environment , but they just aren't my type of people. This explains why I only hung out with them most of the time. I don't regret our friendship ending since this was a good lesson for me , but can you please give me any advice on making new friends? Thank you .
Is this your school friends you're on about?
Reply 2
Yes
Reply 3
What about making friends with the people who aren't your friends but are on your side on this one? I mean they made sense of whatever the hell that was about and still took your side...that's more your "best" friends did

:P
Original post by Spanx
What about making friends with the people who aren't your friends but are on your side on this one? I mean they made sense of whatever the hell that was about and still took your side...that's more your "best" friends did

That's true but it seems to be that they just want to remain acquaintances
Original post by Lemonadez
Is this your school friends you're on about?

Yes
Reply 6
Original post by Queen378
That's true but it seems to be that they just want to remain acquaintances

Acquaintances that don't judge you, take your side and listen to you explain some weird fall out with your best friends are pretty much your friends.

Original post by Spanx
Acquaintances that don't judge you, take your side and listen to you explain some weird fall out with your best friends are pretty much your friends.

Thank you for your advice : ) I just don't want to seem too clingy since we never really had a friendship before and knowing them , I know they'll think it's weird
Thank you for your advice, but it's going to be hard to do that since the people in my school aren't really my type. I guess they weren't good friends after all :/
Thank you for your advice, but it's going to be hard to do that since the people in my school aren't really my type. I guess they weren't good friends after all :/
I'm only in year 9. I do other activities outside of school , but it's not the same as having friends inside of school. Also, when you're lonely for 6 hours a day 5 times a week it starts to get to you , wether you have time on your hands or not.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Queen378
I'm only in year 9. I do other activities outside of school , but it's not the same as having friends inside of school. Also, when you're lonely for 6 hours a day 5 times a week it starts to get to you , wether you have time on your hands or not.

You're better off to at least speak to your "acquaintances" every day at school. You lot are still in year 9 so your friends probably feel good about themselves now but I'm sure they will regret their actions in a few years unless they're a bunch of sociopaths. Just do better than them and think about a better future.
Original post by Lemonadez
You're better off to at least speak to your "acquaintances" every day at school. You lot are still in year 9 so your friends probably feel good about themselves now but I'm sure they will regret their actions in a few years unless they're a bunch of sociopaths. Just do better than them and think about a better future.

Ok :smile: Thank you for making me feel better.
Original post by Anonymous
Ok :smile: Thank you for making me feel better.

Welcome. All the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending