The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

soams ????

Is anyone doing soams, and has anyone applied. Personally its the only way i can guarantee myself an interview at a good uni...

Scroll to see replies

Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help :h:

Why do I this?

Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Hey I applied and found out that I got through to the interview stage, have u gotten onto that part(sorry about the late response just thought about the soams thing today)
Original post by Nameless Jeff
Is anyone doing soams, and has anyone applied. Personally its the only way i can guarantee myself an interview at a good uni...
No i havent even got through to the interview stage, I am glad you did sorry for the late reply I forgot about this
Have you heard back about the interview yet?! I have also applied, I got an interview for the 19th, I'm terrified
My interviews on the 20th I think, I'm not feeling to nervous about it yet but it's a bit early on, it'll get to the day and I'll just be like oh s h I t what have I done. My friends who got an interview are s h I t t I n g it tho, hopefully it won't be too bad
Original post by denyagoss
My interviews on the 20th I think, I'm not feeling to nervous about it yet but it's a bit early on, it'll get to the day and I'll just be like oh s h I t what have I done. My friends who got an interview are s h I t t I n g it tho, hopefully it won't be too bad

I'm literally already so terrified 😂 I'm so scared that I'll miss the train or something stupid like that honestly! aLSO I am SO SO scared I'm going to do something really dumb like swear in front of someone important and then they'll be like lol why is this imbecile even here
Good luck guys, I hope you do well, I still didn’t hear back from them so I’m guessing that means I didn’t go through... but hey, at least you guys did
Original post by peterwalker145
I'm literally already so terrified 😂 I'm so scared that I'll miss the train or something stupid like that honestly! aLSO I am SO SO scared I'm going to do something really dumb like swear in front of someone important and then they'll be like lol why is this imbecile even here

I don't have that issue of missing my train or anything, my school is literally 15 minutes away from the arts tower, probably less. Don't be nervous you've gotten this far and they'll understand that at our age we might be inexperienced wheen it comes to handling interviews or whatever
I don't have that issue of missing my train or anything, my school is literally 15 minutes away from the arts tower, probably less. Don't be nervous you've gotten this far and they'll understand that at our age we might be inexperienced wheen it comes to handling interviews or whatever

woah lucky 😂 I'm going to to have to get two buses and a train both there and back! yeah I'd like to hope so!! hopefully itll be easier than writing the personal statements were anyways, that took me days :///
woah lucky 😂 I'm going to to have to get two buses and a train both there and back! yeah I'd like to hope so!! hopefully itll be easier than writing the personal statements were anyways, that took me days :///

Oml yes it took me ages to write it and I didn't want to annoy anyone by asking them to proof read it, uno cos it was like pages and pages. What do u think of the medical ethics stuff that we have to research?
Oml yes it took me ages to write it and I didn't want to annoy anyone by asking them to proof read it, uno cos it was like pages and pages. What do u think of the medical ethics stuff that we have to research?

i knOW right!! in the end my biology overheard me talking about it to a friend and offered to proofread it so I did get it done but I was like!! uhh if you're sure you're sureee... I only started looking at the ethics stuff last night but!! it doesn't seem that complicated, honestly more like short course r.e. in year 10 😂, so it shouldn't be too hard to remember!
i knOW right!! in the end my biology overheard me talking about it to a friend and offered to proofread it so I did get it done but I was like!! uhh if you're sure you're sureee... I only started looking at the ethics stuff last night but!! it doesn't seem that complicated, honestly more like short course r.e. in year 10 😂, so it shouldn't be too hard to remember!

Tbh I've still not looked at the ethics stuff, I've been swamped with chemistry work, my friends an utter control freak and reads it over and over again like five times a day.
Tbh I've still not looked at the ethics stuff, I've been swamped with chemistry work, my friends an utter control freak and reads it over and over again like five times a day.

its not too complex if I'm honest, although I haven't looked at it all yet I have two biology tests this week which kinda means I've not had much chance to look at it fully, but I'd like to think you'd be fine not looking at all tbh
its not too complex if I'm honest, although I haven't looked at it all yet I have two biology tests this week which kinda means I've not had much chance to look at it fully, but I'd like to think you'd be fine not looking at all tbh

Yh shouldnt be an issue, have u done any chemistry mocks yet? I missed a week of sixth form and the content that I was catching up on was all that was on my mock, I ended up getting a d which really annoyed me tbh, I did way better in biology tho
Yh shouldnt be an issue, have u done any chemistry mocks yet? I missed a week of sixth form and the content that I was catching up on was all that was on my mock, I ended up getting a d which really annoyed me tbh, I did way better in biology tho

we haven't done any proper mocks but I had a big end of topic test on Friday! god knows how that went but I'm consistently at an A at least so? hopefully I'm good? have you had any predictions for a levels yet?
Reply 16
Original post by Nameless Jeff

Sorry for the late reply. I did apply for Soams and I've got an interview on the 20th. I have to wear something formal. I am actually dreading it rn :smile:
Reply 17
we haven't done any proper mocks but I had a big end of topic test on Friday! god knows how that went but I'm consistently at an A at least so? hopefully I'm good? have you had any predictions for a levels yet?

At my college we do mocks like all the time, which is frustrating. I've got a Biology test next week, even though I had one before half-term.
Have you heard back about the interview yet?! I have also applied, I got an interview for the 19th, I'm terrified

My interview is on the 19th aswell, good luck!
Original post by Elliemae127
My interview is on the 19th aswell, good luck!

AGHHHH SORRY IM LATE REPLYING BUT OH MY GOD ITS TOMORROW!!! good luck to you too I'm so NERVOUS!

Quick Reply