The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Civil Engineering Imperial College Recruitment Day 2019 entry

I got an invite to a recruitment day for civil engineering and on the email, it says there is going to be a short test and "meeting" with one of the academic staff.

Does anyone know what is in this short test? and if any formulas for physics need to be memorised? and what about engineering I need to know?

Also is the "meeting" an interview or an informal chat?????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I’m thinking the same thing, my recruitment day is on Wednesday 14/11 and I’m unsure of what to revise and if it’s going to be an interview style or informal.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Helloj
Hi, I’m thinking the same thing, my recruitment day is on Wednesday 14/11 and I’m unsure of what to revise and if it’s going to be an interview style or informal.

I just had my recruitment day on the 7th. There is seriously nothing to worry about, its actually lots of fun. Just enjoy the day!
Reply 3
Original post by markyw12
I just had my recruitment day on the 7th. There is seriously nothing to worry about, its actually lots of fun. Just enjoy the day!

hey, is there an interview because I am so unsure?!
Reply 4
Original post by tabs20
hey, is there an interview because I am so unsure?!

Not a formal one, its more of a discussion.
Reply 5
How was the test? Was it like a real test like the pat or engaa? Or was it more laid back?
Reply 6
Original post by Helloj
How was the test? Was it like a real test like the pat or engaa? Or was it more laid back?

I don't think I'm allowed to say, however it really isn't that bad so don't worry.
Reply 7
do we need to bring any documents for identification? like passport or something?
Reply 8
Original post by lock88
do we need to bring any documents for identification? like passport or something?

No I don't think so. (I wasn't asked but some other might have been)
Reply 9
No I don't think so. (I wasn't asked but some other might have been)

okay thank you. so basically you arrived there and you just told them your name to register?
Reply 10
(Original post by markyw12)I don't think I'm allowed to say, however it really isn't that bad so don't worry.
Ok thanks that gives me a bit more confidence. Should I bring my own calculator and stationary or will they give you anything you need?
Reply 11
I don't think I'm allowed to say, however it really isn't that bad so don't worry.

hi i'm not sure if you're allowed to answer this but did they ask you anything about your personal statement?
Original post by lock88
hi i'm not sure if you're allowed to answer this but did they ask you anything about your personal statement?

1) I sort of hung out in the lobby and then I was asked if I was there for the interview. I said yes and I was taken up to the room that I was sent the details of in the email.
2) I wasn't asked, however I cannot speak for others.
Reply 13
1) I sort of hung out in the lobby and then I was asked if I was there for the interview. I said yes and I was taken up to the room that I was sent the details of in the email.
2) I wasn't asked, however I cannot speak for others.

thank you so much for you help! really appreciate it
Original post by Helloj
(Original post by markyw12)I don't think I'm allowed to say, however it really isn't that bad so don't worry.
Ok thanks that gives me a bit more confidence. Should I bring my own calculator and stationary or will they give you anything you need?

Bring your own stuff. But don't stress if you forget because they had plenty of spares when I was there.
Reply 15
Reply 16

Did you do any preparation for it?
Original post by tabs20

No, I had the PAT only a week prior. Seriously don't stress if you know your stuff you'll be fine.
Reply 18

The thing is I didn’t do the PAT so I’m scared I’m meant to have memorised equations which are usually given in equation sheets ?😭

No, I had the PAT only a week prior. Seriously don't stress if you know your stuff you'll be fine.
Original post by tabs20
The thing is I didn’t do the PAT so I’m scared I’m meant to have memorised equations which are usually given in equation sheets ?😭

I really don't know what I can say about the test. However just before we did it, it was emphasised that it isn't the only thing taken into consideration when deciding who gets offers. A bad test score doesn't mean you're immediately rejected.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending