The Student Room Group
Original post by lukauu
I have an account with SFE but will I need my passport updated to my new name before I can change it or will SFE just update it on the phone without evidence of name change? Just thought I'd ask here before calling.

Hi lukauu,

We need to see evidence of your change of name. In order for this to be updated you would need to send in a covering letter with the relevant evidence ie birth certificate, marriage certificate, decree absolute, decree nisi, change of name deed or statutory declaration.

We can accept clear photocopies of your evidence.

Regards,

Stuart
Original post by Stuart SFE
Hi lukauu,

We need to see evidence of your change of name. In order for this to be updated you would need to send in a covering letter with the relevant evidence ie birth certificate, marriage certificate, decree absolute, decree nisi, change of name deed or statutory declaration.

We can accept clear photocopies of your evidence.

Regards,

Stuart

Okay thanks very much, so I ring and get an email to send it to or do I send by post? Is a deed with two witnesses and my signatures acceptable proof?

Thank you
Original post by lukauu
Okay thanks very much, so I ring and get an email to send it to or do I send by post? Is a deed with two witnesses and my signatures acceptable proof?

Thank you

Hi lukauu,

It would be via the post. A deed poll letter is sufficient.

Warm regards,

Shaun.
Original post by Shaun D SFE
Hi lukauu,

It would be via the post. A deed poll letter is sufficient.

Warm regards,

Shaun.

Thanks very much. May I get the address this would be dealt with at? Can I just send my deed poll and covering letter without calling?
Original post by lukauu
Thanks very much. May I get the address this would be dealt with at? Can I just send my deed poll and covering letter without calling?

Hi Lukauu,

The address is:

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

A covering letter with name and reference number along with the evidence will be perfect.

Thanks,

Shaun.
How long does it take to update on the system
Original post by Dansailorx
How long does it take to update on the system

Hi,

This may take up to 29 working days to update based on our current workflows.

Thanks, Rebecca.
Reply 8
The SFE no longer accept evidence and a covering letter to change a customer’s name. Now a change of circumstances form must be submitted.
Original post by CGM1971
The SFE no longer accept evidence and a covering letter to change a customer’s name. Now a change of circumstances form must be submitted.

Hi,

To change the name on a student's account we only require evidence of this change such as a deed poll and a cover letter.

Thanks, Tégan

Latest

Trending

Trending