The Student Room Group

What can be done to prevent knife crime?(if anything)

Question above^

Scroll to see replies

Educate people about the dangers of knives.
Improve schooling and change the education system so everyone gets a fair chance to succeed
Can't. It's a mindset, nothing the police can do about it apart from being everywhere 24/7. They need to stop themselves, or be brought up properly.

Funny how most say they hate their dad for not being there, but don't plan to father their children lol
Original post by Professional G
Educate people about the dangers of knives.
Improve schooling and change the education system so everyone gets a fair chance to succeed

The education system is important yes, but the influence of school on development wanes in comparison to family life.

Keep making people poorer, making people struggle and crime will be a natural consequence. If you’re raised in hardship, the odds are always against you.

Also there’s the glaringly obvious impact of the sheer drop in the police force, the number patrolling the streets.

Honestly don’t know what the government expected?
(edited 5 years ago)
I often see news articles about knife crime but not much is ever provided about the individual or why they may have been targeted if they were.I have seen children stabbed as young as 14 surely it can't be all gang related.
Poor housing, rough areas, a negative mentality among poorer people. Not enough people being supported by the education system. Lack of focus on working hard in some families. Mismanagement of funds by some schools. Lack of funding for others especially in poorer areas. Lack of motivation
Poverty, rivelary gang members, drill music(possibly) turf wars and poor edu/ careless parenrs/ bad influence
Knife crime has away happen if just more news worth now. The murder rate has gone down since records begin in 1990 for 2.2 per 100000 people to 1.0 per 100000 people that include London there are almost twice the number of young people living in London than in 1990. The murder rate is lower per person than even ten years ago.
Original post by Anonymous1502
I often see news articles about knife crime but not much is ever provided about the individual or why they may have been targeted if they were.I have seen children stabbed as young as 14 surely it can't be all gang related.

Fourteen year old children have away commit crimes including stabbing each other. The reason is fourteen children are not able to understand the full conquests of their actions.
Reply 9
i merged your threads with the same topic OP. which reminds me i need to study for my criminology seminar tomorrow. :frown:
Original post by Joleee
i merged your threads with the same topic OP. which reminds me i need to study for my criminology seminar tomorrow. :frown:

I’m in my last year of criminology this dissertation on drills n gsng violence is gonna be the end of me truss
Original post by Anonymous1502
Question above^

I personally think the media including social media scare children in thinking that they are going to be attacked and murdered if they walk in the wrong area.
Reply 12
Original post by Vennccc
I’m in my last year of criminology this dissertation on drills n gsng violence is gonna be the end of me truss

i actually find it interesting(!) i'm just about 10% prepared for tomorrow. lol

is this your passion? what's your plan after grad?
Original post by Joleee
i actually find it interesting(!) i'm just about 10% prepared for tomorrow. lol

is this your passion? what's your plan after grad?

Yeah it is deffo ever since i was kid tbh lmao. I went from 3 resits(in my first year) to getting 60%+ in my second n last year(so far). Its gonna be interesting but hard at the samw time i just didnt wanna choose something boring like 99% of my colleagues. I wanna be detective when i grad but before that ill prolly have to stay at the lower ranks for like 2-3 yrs which is shite if u ask me. Hbu? Whats ur story

Also seminars are something you shouldnt worry about, its just to practice what youve learnt in ur lecture or if the lecturer gave u a read. Do u do only criminology or? And what year u in?
Reply 14
Original post by Vennccc
Yeah it is deffo ever since i was kid tbh lmao. I went from 3 resits(in my first year) to getting 60%+ in my second n last year(so far). Its gonna be interesting but hard at the samw time i just didnt wanna choose something boring like 99% of my colleagues. I wanna be detective when i grad but before that ill prolly have to stay at the lower ranks for like 2-3 yrs which is shite if u ask me. Hbu? Whats ur story

Also seminars are something you shouldnt worry about, its just to practice what youve learnt in ur lecture or if the lecturer gave u a read. Do u do only criminology or? And what year u in?

good work - congrats!! i'm third year law just trying to survive right now (and it's only November :tongue:). yes i'm interested in criminal law primarily but need to keep my options open (employment law is my second choice, interested in discrimination, sexual harassment and stuff). i need to read some criminology theory tonight, only one i can remember right now is Lombroso and that's not going to cut it. good luck on your diss
Original post by Joleee
good work - congrats!! i'm third year law just trying to survive right now (and it's only November :tongue:). yes i'm interested in criminal law primarily but need to keep my options open (employment law is my second choice, interested in discrimination, sexual harassment and stuff). i need to read some criminology theory tonight, only one i can remember right now is Lombroso and that's not going to cut it. good luck on your diss

Aye thank you! Mostly cos of my ex that used to proofread my essays haha ahh law u say yeh thats what i did 3 resits on the criminal justice system i was like naaa how can man start with 3 resits uno :biggrin: what kind of task do you have for your seminar? And do you guys also have work experience? And how long is ur course? Law is peakk cant imagine doing it i find it too boring i like to be more involved ygm
Original post by Joleee

this is something that interested me why on average male judges give lower sentences to females criminals than males criminals for same crime. And why female judges give female criminals higher sentences on average than male judges do.
Do stop-and-search with racial profiling (Muslims and Blacks), have armed police in troublesome areas, stop whitewashing Muslims with affirmative action policies and cover-ups like that pedophile scandal.
Reply 18
Maybe this article has the answers:

Glasgow smiles: how the city halved its murders by 'caring people into change'
Ten years ago, it was western Europe’s murder capital. How did the city face up to endemic knife and gang crime and why did it discontinue a key programme?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/apr/06/glasgow-murder-rate-knife-gang-crime-police
Sell rubber knives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending