The Student Room Group

Furry's second grade- a chronic illness blog

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gcsemusicsucks
Yaaay glad that test went well! :hugs: I'm sure the gig still sounded great :yep: Sounds like you've been incredibly productive so you deserve a little break once in a while :wink: Good luck for those deadlines though! :afraid:

I wouldn't go that far :lol: most of the bad bits were stuff I just didn't play rather than any glaring horrendous error (except one which got me a glare from the bandmaster but it wouldn't be noticeable to anyone else :tongue:). I'm really not though :colondollar: thank you

Original post by Lemur14
Well done for getting to half way :yay: and for that test :woo:
Glad you had a relatively successful week :penguinhug: Good luck for all those deadlines this week :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well done on getting to halfway through term! Proud of you :penguinhug:

Thanks both! (:penguin::penguin::penguin: :excited: :colondollar:)
Original post by Rigel
Yay halfway!! That went so quickly :eek:

Glad your family and boyfriend provide a lot of support to you. It's nice that you're taken care of and can focus on your studies when you have the energy, rather than worrying about housework and stuff. :yep: Also staying in bed is a very productive thing to do :teeth: :colone:

Thank you :redface: yeah, it makes a huge difference. And of course! We must be productivity experts then :tongue:
Think I was a little bit behind you going into lectures on Monday morning but was a tad late so didn't say hi. :colondollar: Was nice seeing you though.:smile:

You can smash those deadlines, we believe in you.:dumbells:
Original post by 04MR17
Think I was a little bit behind you going into lectures on Monday morning but was a tad late so didn't say hi. :colondollar: Was nice seeing you though.:smile:

You can smash those deadlines, we believe in you.:dumbells:

Think I saw you across the square this morning but had the same problem :colondollar: will try come at the weekend though, probably Saturday :smile:
Week 7

Back into lectures....

Monday I pretty much said I think. I had a lecture and lab in the morning, the last of that half of the module, and talked through with my group what else needed doing together/on our own for the report. I did some of my individual bits in the evening before we met up tuesday to work on some of the parts that needed doing from all of us. We did pretty well on this, bullet pointing them all so we could write them up later and working out how we'd do some of the extra stuff needed in the appendices. The rest of the week was pretty similar. I saw my DSA mentor which I was too tired to really have a clue about, and went to my lectures on thursday. My wednesday seminar I missed which I then got an attendance warning for despite not being meant to get them :erm: but that's been sorted out since anyway. I missed the lecture on friday in favour of working on the lab report, which was productive, and also I didn't want to start the next part of the module really before I got this load of assignments out the way. At some point I also did the reading etc for the online test which was also due today. My weekend was just working on that lot, missed the things I wanted to get to (sorry MR :frown:) which was a pain but probably inevitable tbh. Then last night was just an exhausted stressed meltdown but there you go.

Targets from last week, the group report and online test are submitted. I haven't done much more for my individual project so that's going to have to be the priority the next few days. So, new targets:
- finish and submit individual project/do whatever we have to do with it in the seminar
- read through stuff I missed from seminar last week, do the homework and go this week
- see my boyfriend
- sleep

Sorry for the boring update, absolutely knackered and struggling to really think straight.

@04MR17 @Anon_98 @CoolCavy @gcsemusicsucks @Pathway @Rigel @sinfonietta @The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry to hear about your meltdown :frown: If it would ever help to message mid-meltdown, please don't hesitate to contact me - even ring if it's middle of the night, phone is always on loud :console:
Original post by furryface12
Week 7

Back into lectures....

Monday I pretty much said I think. I had a lecture and lab in the morning, the last of that half of the module, and talked through with my group what else needed doing together/on our own for the report. I did some of my individual bits in the evening before we met up tuesday to work on some of the parts that needed doing from all of us. We did pretty well on this, bullet pointing them all so we could write them up later and working out how we'd do some of the extra stuff needed in the appendices. The rest of the week was pretty similar. I saw my DSA mentor which I was too tired to really have a clue about, and went to my lectures on thursday. My wednesday seminar I missed which I then got an attendance warning for despite not being meant to get them :erm: but that's been sorted out since anyway. I missed the lecture on friday in favour of working on the lab report, which was productive, and also I didn't want to start the next part of the module really before I got this load of assignments out the way. At some point I also did the reading etc for the online test which was also due today. My weekend was just working on that lot, missed the things I wanted to get to (sorry MR :frown:) which was a pain but probably inevitable tbh. Then last night was just an exhausted stressed meltdown but there you go.

Targets from last week, the group report and online test are submitted. I haven't done much more for my individual project so that's going to have to be the priority the next few days. So, new targets:
- finish and submit individual project/do whatever we have to do with it in the seminar
- read through stuff I missed from seminar last week, do the homework and go this week
- see my boyfriend
- sleep

Sorry for the boring update, absolutely knackered and struggling to really think straight.

@04MR17 @Anon_98 @CoolCavy @gcsemusicsucks @Pathway @Rigel @sinfonietta @The_Lonely_Goatherd

:console: I'm sorry to hear you're so stressed. :frown: What helps you destress?
:hugs:
Sorry you had a meltdown Sleep definitely sounds like a good target though :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry to hear about your meltdown :frown: If it would ever help to message mid-meltdown, please don't hesitate to contact me - even ring if it's middle of the night, phone is always on loud :console:

Thanks :redface: you too, even if it's not immediate I'll always get back to you when I can. Hope you're alright, really well done for getting second draft done!

Original post by Pathway
:console: I'm sorry to hear you're so stressed. :frown: What helps you destress?

Thanks. Mostly music and stuff, which I did try to do last night it just made it worse. Was too tired so I ended up hyper then crashing really badly. Feeling much better today though, 2/3 assignments got handed in this morning so at least they're completely done with now. Just need to finish the last one.

Original post by CoolCavy

:Penguinhug:

Sorry you had a meltdown Sleep definitely sounds like a good target though :smile:

Thanks, yeah definitely :redface:

Other thing this week- doing a quick music thing in a primary school :smile: which I may currently be playing two instruments for at once (one of which I don't really play) but let's not talk about that :lol:
Well done for getting those two assignments submitted :woo:
Sleep is an excellent target :yep:
Good luck for finishing the individual project :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, yeah definitely :redface:
Other thing this week- doing a quick music thing in a primary school :smile: which I may currently be playing two instruments for at once (one of which I don't really play) but let's not talk about that :lol:

Oooh that sounds fun! :rofl: Which instruments? :gah:
Week 7

Back into lectures....

- see my boyfriend
- sleep

Hey, it's alright.:console: By the sounds of things you've been facing quite a few challenges but overcoming a lot of them which is fantastic to hear.:yes: Will hopefully send you the video at some point if it ever gets made.:hugs:
It's that time of year again!

I'm going into my second year of uni now. After a lot of stress about accommodation and modules/potential course changes I think it's finally all sorted out, and I suppose that means I can start looking forward to it a bit.

I have various different conditions that affect my study and life in general, including CFS, dysautonomia and ASD as well as depression and anxiety. These mean that my uni life is quite different to the average one, which you'll see a lot in this blog. Things that are tiny to most people can be huge for me! You can find my previous blog here.

Last year I somehow came out with a first, which I would absolutely love to get again! If not then hopefully it'll be a 2:1- if I manage to complete the year that is. My other goals are to look after myself a bit more (which includes stopping if I need to) and to be more social. I'll aim to post in here about once a week again, hopefully a little more consistently than last year.

Going to tag the people from my last blog as a one time thing. Let me know if you want to be on the list again, and of course new people welcome! :smile: Any comments about what you want to see more/less of appreciated- I never really know what to put in here so just ramble on a little bit!

Spoiler

Hey! Can I ask firstly what you’re studying, and when you were diagnosed with CFS/Your other health problems? If you wouldn’t mind sharing, that is. 😊
Original post by Lemur14
Well done for getting those two assignments submitted :woo:
Sleep is an excellent target :yep:
Good luck for finishing the individual project :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

Oooh that sounds fun! :rofl: Which instruments? :gah:

Sax (which I play) and clarinet which I do... a bit :lol: I really want to pick it up again but just don't have the time. But apparently today's the day :tongue:

Original post by 04MR17
Hey, it's alright.:console: By the sounds of things you've been facing quite a few challenges but overcoming a lot of them which is fantastic to hear.:yes: Will hopefully send you the video at some point if it ever gets made.:hugs:

Thank you :redface: video sounds cool! How did the VI one go?

Original post by FloralHybrid
Hey! Can I ask firstly what you’re studying, and when you were diagnosed with CFS/Your other health problems? If you wouldn’t mind sharing, that is. 😊

I've had it since I was 17, so about five and a half years now. For most of those I couldn't work or anything but I've just about managed uni the past year and a bit, somehow- I study psychology :smile: I was diagnosed with post viral fatigue pretty much as soon as the six months had passed, then at some point or other that changed to CFS (they're basically the same thing).
I've had it since I was 17, so about five and a half years now. For most of those I couldn't work or anything but I've just about managed uni the past year and a bit, somehow- I study psychology :smile: I was diagnosed with post viral fatigue pretty much as soon as the six months had passed, then at some point or other that changed to CFS (they're basically the same thing).

Aww, I recently had the diagnosis of CFS (I’m 18 and in a third year of sixth form) it’s comforting to know somebody else is managing to maintain their studies. Please add me to the tag list!
Aww, I recently had the diagnosis of CFS (I’m 18 and in a third year of sixth form) it’s comforting to know somebody else is managing to maintain their studies. Please add me to the tag list!

Is definitely possible, I don't have CFS/ME, but I do have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (and a bunch of other things) and get pretty extreme fatigue from it. You just have to learn to structure your time more effectively and figure out how you work.

Sorry you've had the diagnosis, but at least you know roughly what you're dealing with. The main thing is not to do too much. It's so so hard and I'm absolutely awful for it (as you can probably see :tongue:) but it really does make things worse. Even if you feel alright at the time you won't after! Over time you'll get used to when you need to listen to your body and how you can space things out, how much you can comfortably do etc. Don't be afraid to take time out if you need to- health always comes first, over everything. You've got this :smile:

Sax (which I play) and clarinet which I do... a bit :lol: I really want to pick it up again but just don't have the time. But apparently today's the day :tongue:

That's so coooool, woud love to learn to play the sax :love: I feel a TSR wind band coming along :teehee:
That's so coooool, woud love to learn to play the sax :love: I feel a TSR wind band coming along :teehee:

You'd find it so easy after oboe! The fingering systems are the same and stuff, the only bit I really struggled to get used to coming from flute was the reed but compared to a double one it's nothing. So do it!!
You'd find it so easy after oboe! The fingering systems are the same and stuff, the only bit I really struggled to get used to coming from flute was the reed but compared to a double one it's nothing. So do it!!

:excited:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending