The Student Room Group

The Official Oxford Interviews and Decisions Thread 2019

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hi! I am Alagammai (an international student) and I have applied for History and English at Pembroke. The HAT went just okay, I don't really think I will get an interview but still it will be a big disappointment if i don't. Counting on my independent written work to get me through. Good luck to everyone :smile:
Original post by extremecat
Please can someone divulge on when St Hilda's will send out invites to Biology? Does anyone have any idea? I'm going mad

Interviews only come out late November
Original post by AO180
Hi
I applied for Biology at Christ Church and received my interview invite last Wednesday.
I was very surprised to hear so soon and am looking forward to hearing of others getting their invites! :smile:

Well done. When is the interview scheduled for?
Reply 43
Original post by That'sGreat
Interviews only come out late November

Some, including some biology, are already out, and biology is likely to be one of the early ones for most colleges (I am told)
Applying to PPE, quite nervous!
Hi! I applied to Biochem at St. John’s, just got my interview dates today (2nd to 4th December)
Hi, I applied to Trinity for Philosophy and Theology, fingers crossed! Last year I applied to Balliol for PPE but I didn't get an interview
Original post by ReesMontoya
Hi, I'm Rees and I applied for Maths at St Catz. The MAT went horribly, so I'm hoping my other stuff may be able to drag it up a bit, not very hopeful though of an interview. I'm also constantly checking my emails, glad I'm not the only one doing so 😂

GCSE's can make a big difference. Shortlisting is based on MAT and GCSEs.
Original post by Rohan77642
GCSE's can make a big difference. Shortlisting is based on MAT and GCSEs.

I got a 9, 2 A*s, 5 As, a 6, a B and a C (A* in maths a year early). Do you think these are what Oxford is looking for? Also, I got AAA in Maths, Further Maths and Economics at AS, so would this help much at all or not?
Hi, I’m Grace (but everyone calls me ‘g’). I’ve applied to Merton for French, the MLAT went alright, just hoping I’ve done enough!
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi

I applied for Medicine however after my BMAT I am reassured I am not getting an interview...Good luck to everyone applying to Oxford! Hope you all have done well to secure yourself that interview however!! :smile:
Reply 51
Original post by That'sGreat
Well done. When is the interview scheduled for?

4th - 7th December I have to be there
Original post by Thomas_Grimes_17
Hi! I applied to Biochem at St. John’s, just got my interview dates today (2nd to 4th December)

Have you had your interview invite then?? So exciting!
Original post by bl0ndegiraffe
Have you had your interview invite then?? So exciting!

Yeah I have! Just came through today, usually biology / Biochem are the first ones to send them out so I’m sure more will come soon!
Original post by Thomas_Grimes_17
Yeah I have! Just came through today, usually biology / Biochem are the first ones to send them out so I’m sure more will come soon!

That’s so exciting, congrats!! I’ve applied to University College for biochem so hopefully we’ll hear soon!
Original post by XxxvatxxX
Hi

I applied for Medicine however after my BMAT I am reassured I am not getting an interview...Good luck to everyone applying to Oxford! Hope you all have done well to secure yourself that interview however!! :smile:

I’ve applied for medicine too (at New College) and I feel EXACTLY the same! Good luck everyone!
I've applied for Oriental Studies at Pembroke! I didn't have an admissions test and I really think that my written work will let me down :frown:
Hi! I've applied for French and Italian at Worcester. I thought the MLAT went okay apart from the fact that I didn't finish it..
Hope everyone secures an interview!!!:smile:
Hi, I've applied for physics (MPhys) at St John's. Thought the PAT was pretty difficult but hopefully I get an interview. Anyone else applying for physics?
Reply 59
Original post by CaptainCurry56
Hi, I've applied for physics (MPhys) at St John's. Thought the PAT was pretty difficult but hopefully I get an interview. Anyone else applying for physics?

My friend is in the exact same position as you. He said the PAT went surprising good for him

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending