The Student Room Group

Friends hate me for moving schools

After year 11, I decided to go to a different school for 6th form, let's name it "school B". I was planning to continue my education at my old school "A", but found out they weren't doing the A levels I had planned to do. So I decided to go to school B.

However, my friends from school A have been acting weird for the past few months. Many have unfriended or blocked me from social media when we started school, but I didn't think much of it. I tried to keep in touch with my old friends, I asked how's their life going and if we can hang out, but they always either ignored me or seemed uninterested, so I stopped messaging them. When I saw them in public a few times, I said hi to them, but they ignore me or just laugh at me. I asked one of my closest friend what was going on, and they said that loads of people keep talking about me, saying that I "betrayed" them for moving schools, and how I've become "arrogant" and "snotty" after going to a school with better gcse/a level results. She told me how they said I changed for the worst and all. Personally, I don't think I've changed at all. I asked my siblings and other friends, they said they don't see a difference.

Today I saw an old classmate, and when I greeted him he literally said "I hate you" and asked why did I change schools. I really don't understand why so many of my classmates or old friends are acting like that. If they ignore me and talk behind my back for changing schools, they don't exactly seem like true friends. Any thoughts?
Reply 1
Sorry about the post it is quite long
Reply 2
Any advice?
Honestly, ur better off making new friends at ur new school. If they was real then they would accept ur choice and support u all the way but clearly they aren't. Just don't bother with those types of people.
As @Lemonadez has said, you’re better off making new friends at your new school. If your ‘friends’ at your old school were really your friends, they’d be fine with you going to another school and support you and keep in contact. Clearly they’re just not true friends and probably jealous that you’re at a better school and meeting amazing new people
Pretty childish of them tbf
Good thing you moved really, shows they weren't true friends
Just move on with your life and make better friends at your new school
You didn't betray anyone by changing schools that is childish nonsense. They're clearly not real friends if they are being selfish and making your decision about them. You're better off without people like that in your life.
(edited 5 years ago)
Then it's good that you're in another school. If they can't act like real friends and be supportive and not act so childish then it's better that you found out about this side of them. Let by gones be by gones.

Make new friends,move on and enjoy yourself, while they can make themselves miserable over something stupid and really reasonable(like it is reasonable since school A didn't have the A Level you were taking).

I would expect them to be sad but not this.
I agree with other posts saying your better off without those 'friends'. If they were good friends, they would support your choice to move as A-levels are pretty important so you were right to make sure you were able to do the ones you wanted to. Hope you find some better friends at your new school.
Reply 9
Thank you for your comments, +1 rep to all, they're super helpful and made me realise that they aren't real friends. I'll try to forget about them and move on. :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for your comments, +1 rep to all, they're super helpful and made me realise that they aren't real friends. I'll try to forget about them and move on. :smile:

Awesome, move on and enjoy sixth form (apart from the work load :tongue:)
These "friends" of yours are weird, and remind me of this one person I used to hang out with. I would get good grades, and they would always try to make me feel down for doing better than them on a test, despite that person not even trying to pass said test.

Ditch em; they already ditched you.
Original post by Anonymous
After year 11, I decided to go to a different school for 6th form, let's name it "school B". I was planning to continue my education at my old school "A", but found out they weren't doing the A levels I had planned to do. So I decided to go to school B.

However, my friends from school A have been acting weird for the past few months. Many have unfriended or blocked me from social media when we started school, but I didn't think much of it. I tried to keep in touch with my old friends, I asked how's their life going and if we can hang out, but they always either ignored me or seemed uninterested, so I stopped messaging them. When I saw them in public a few times, I said hi to them, but they ignore me or just laugh at me. I asked one of my closest friend what was going on, and they said that loads of people keep talking about me, saying that I "betrayed" them for moving schools, and how I've become "arrogant" and "snotty" after going to a school with better gcse/a level results. She told me how they said I changed for the worst and all. Personally, I don't think I've changed at all. I asked my siblings and other friends, they said they don't see a difference.

Today I saw an old classmate, and when I greeted him he literally said "I hate you" and asked why did I change schools. I really don't understand why so many of my classmates or old friends are acting like that. If they ignore me and talk behind my back for changing schools, they don't exactly seem like true friends. Any thoughts?

how are you doing now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending