The Student Room Group

HM Treasury Graduate Scheme (2018/9)

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys!

Just wondering whether anyone can give me any insight on the application process... I know that the online tests will be available from 13th - 20th November. Does that we will only hear about our application status from the 13th onwards? (Probably a really silly question but the job hunt is frazzling my brain atm lol :s-smilie:)
Original post by sophiekerrie
Hi guys!

Just wondering whether anyone can give me any insight on the application process... I know that the online tests will be available from 13th - 20th November. Does that we will only hear about our application status from the 13th onwards? (Probably a really silly question but the job hunt is frazzling my brain atm lol :s-smilie:)

Yeah, probably all at the same time I feel
Original post by Slowbro93
Yeah, probably all at the same time I feel

I thought as much, cheers :smile:
So I received a call from the grad scheme team earlier today, they seem super supportive regarding reasonable adjustments which I found really helpful!

I was also told that they'll be sorting out scores and informing candidates early next week.
So I received a call from the grad scheme team earlier today, they seem super supportive regarding reasonable adjustments which I found really helpful!

I was also told that they'll be sorting out scores and informing candidates early next week.

Well that's terrifying! Thanks for the update.

Good luck everybody :h:
Original post by antigone-
Well that's terrifying! Thanks for the update.

Good luck everybody :h:

It definitely was, I was at an away day and because it was a private number I wasn't planning on answering initially :rofl:
Just received my email, i'm through to the numerical and verbal reasoning tests :smile:
Also through to verbal and numerical tests! :h:
I just got my through. Needed it after failing the Fast Stream Video Interview yesterday! haha
Any rejections yet?
Weird question - can I ask how the email for being through the the tests starts/what the subject line is? My current experience tells me that an email starting with 'Thank you' is a rejection, so I don't even want to open it lol. Don't feel too bad if I have been rejected because I rushed the application and didn't have time to change some answers on the SJT that I desperately wanted to change but still.
Original post by thewickedllama
Weird question - can I ask how the email for being through the the tests starts/what the subject line is? My current experience tells me that an email starting with 'Thank you' is a rejection, so I don't even want to open it lol. Don't feel too bad if I have been rejected because I rushed the application and didn't have time to change some answers on the SJT that I desperately wanted to change but still.

Lol ignore me, opened it, I'm through, thank GOD.
I got my invite to the verbal and numerical reasoning, but I can't see the practice tests that are mentioned in the application advice online. Anyone know where they are?
(edited 5 years ago)
Not through, not surprised given what time I completed the test!
Reply 34
Online it says that there's a link to the practice numerical test in the invite email but I can't seem to see it anywhere, has anyone found it?

What did your email say? Anyone who else yet to here?
Reply 36

Same here!
Original post by JTR__
Same here!

What did your email say?
Reply 38
Original post by uncleniccius
What did your email say?

"Thank you very much for completing your Situational Judgement Test (SJT) as part of the HM Treasury Graduate Policy Adviser recruitment process. We appreciate the amount of time that you spent on your application, and in completing the SJT. However, we’re sorry to inform you that on this occasion you didn’t meet the required pass mark. Therefore, we won’t be taking your application any further at this time.

We wish you every success in your future career, and thank you for your interest in HM Treasury." :frown:
Original post by JTR__
"Thank you very much for completing your Situational Judgement Test (SJT) as part of the HM Treasury Graduate Policy Adviser recruitment process. We appreciate the amount of time that you spent on your application, and in completing the SJT. However, we’re sorry to inform you that on this occasion you didn’t meet the required pass mark. Therefore, we won’t be taking your application any further at this time.

We wish you every success in your future career, and thank you for your interest in HM Treasury." :frown:

Sorry to hear that :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest