The Student Room Group

I’m a banned from every club?

Hi,

I was kicked out and banned from fabric night club on Saturday 10th November as I was found inside the venue with a small amount of drugs for personal use by security.

I understand the ban is for life, however I understand Fabric put an alert/message on your ID which allows them to know it’s you and that you are banned to prevent future entry. However my question is - other clubs and venues / bars use the same ID scanning system / database so will this alert prevent me from entry to other clubs such as egg, 338, printworks etc? Surely Fabric don’t have the right to prevent me from entering other clubs!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
most clubs share a database

you ****ed up lmfao its your fault
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Jacksonnnn
Surely Fabric don’t have the right to prevent me from entering other clubs!!!

You broke the law??? They're obligated to inform the authorities, much less to merely exercise their prerogative in informing the other businesses in the area?

I can't tell if you're being serious or you're really that entitled.
Reply 3
Good

No to Drugs
Reply 4
Yeah I know I messed up, pretty much every person who goes Fabric / egg etc is taking drugs so just because I mess up once at the age of 20 means I cannot go to any club again. People change - I just don’t think it is fair to prevent me from going anywhere because I F...... up once.
Reply 5
Yeah I know I messed up, pretty much every person who goes Fabric / egg etc is taking drugs so just because I mess up once at the age of 20 means I cannot go to any club again. People change - I just don’t think it is fair to prevent me from going anywhere because I F...... up once.

yea no deal with your ban
Reply 6
Original post by eez
most clubs share a database

you ****ed up lmfao its your fault

Most clubs use IDScan - however fabric have the option of keeping the alert in house or sharing it on the database. I appreciate their decision to ban me and understand the alert needs to be set to prevent me from entering in the future
Reply 7
Original post by artful_lounger
You broke the law??? They're obligated to inform the authorities, much less to merely exercise their prerogative in informing the other businesses in the area?

I can't tell if you're being serious or you're really that entitled.

They did not inform the authorities, they keep the details on their system to prevent me from entering in the future however it is their choice as to whether they alert other businesses. Just think preventing entry from every club in the country for messing up once is a little extreme. I know it sounds like I don’t think what I did was wrong but I do understand it is against the law and believe me my experience on sataurday I will ever be taking drugs again was a one off thing and not what I like.
I have no sympathy
Reply 9
The entire of TSR is anti-drug and won't sympathise but I understand you.

There's a possibility that this is possible yes, but it may be different for different clubs. The only way is to try with no drugs on you and if you get caught out then you've got nothing to be guilty over and you know for sure then.
Reply 10
Hi,

I was kicked out and banned from fabric night club on Saturday 10th November as I was found inside the venue with a small amount of drugs for personal use by security.

I understand the ban is for life, however I understand Fabric put an alert/message on your ID which allows them to know it’s you and that you are banned to prevent future entry. However my question is - other clubs and venues / bars use the same ID scanning system / database so will this alert prevent me from entry to other clubs such as egg, 338, printworks etc? If so can I use a passport instead or will I simply have to use another persons ID from now on? Surely Fabric don’t have the right to prevent me from entering other clubs!!!

Zammo don't do drugs!

Clearly a sheep. Following the crowd, so easily led. Tut tut

The consequences of your actions, nobody else to blame.
If you aren't mature enough to understand the seriousness of taking drugs with you to a club, then you aren't mature enough to go clubbing in the first place.

Rethink the way you see and do things.
Reply 13
Hi,

I understand the ban is for life, however I understand Fabric put an alert/message on your ID which allows them to know it’s you and that you are banned to prevent future entry. However my question is - other clubs and venues / bars use the same ID scanning system / database so will this alert prevent me from entry to other clubs such as egg, 338, printworks etc? If so can I use a passport instead or will I simply have to use another persons ID from now on? Surely Fabric don’t have the right to prevent me from entering other clubs!!!

You're pretty much f**ked

every club in the country with ID scanners is now gonna refuse you entry.

Just out of interest why did you hand themyour ID after you got caught?
Reply 14
Original post by xDron3
The entire of TSR is anti-drug and won't sympathise but I understand you.

There's a possibility that this is possible yes, but it may be different for different clubs. The only way is to try with no drugs on you and if you get caught out then you've got nothing to be guilty over and you know for sure then.

Thank you. Finally someone who understands! Yeah was thinking that I might try go local prysm or club with nothing on me and if I get refused I know then I need to has use someone else’s ID or buy a good fake ID that scans
join club penguin instead
Reply 16
Also I spoke with fabric yesterday and the manager said it may have been shared however he is not sure / doubted it due to the introducing of gdpr which is data protection nonsense. So if they have shared it can I not raise a legal concern over the use of my data / info?
Reply 17
Original post by ANM775
You're pretty much f**ked

every club in the country with ID scanners is now gonna refuse you entry.

Just out of interest why did you hand themyour ID after you got caught?

Because I have never been in a situation like that, I was a little ****ed and just did what they said plus was quite scary in this weird room with 5 massive security guards
Also I spoke with fabric yesterday and the manager said it may have been shared however he is not sure / doubted it due to the introducing of gdpr which is data protection nonsense. So if they have shared it can I not raise a legal concern over the use of my data / info?

I mean if you did wouldn't the police know about it then as you'd be going through legal procedures
Also there are exceptions to that stuff, for example criminals which may include posession of drugs
Reply 19

I am not sure how it works with non-medical confidentialty but if sharing your info is good for the public, then they are allowed to share it and whilst you can always start a legal action, not sure how successful it will be

Latest

Trending

Trending